Miguel Rojas (baseball)
Rojas playing for the Miami Marlins in 2020
|Miami Marlins – No. 19|
|Born: February 24, 1989|
Los Teques, Miranda, Venezuela
|June 6, 2014, for the Los Angeles Dodgers|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2020 season)
|Runs batted in||185|
Miguel Elias Rojas Naidernoff (born February 24, 1989) is a Venezuelan professional baseball infielder for the Miami Marlins of Major League Baseball (MLB). He previously played for the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Los Angeles Dodgers
Rojas was signed by the Cincinnati Reds organization as an amateur free agent in 2006, and played in their minor league system through 2012, making it as far as the AAA Louisville Bats to end his 2012 season. He joined the Dodgers organization in 2013 and played for the Chattanooga Lookouts of the Class AA Southern League, where he hit .233 in 130 games. In 2014, he received a non-roster invite to Major League spring training, where he was given a chance to compete for the vacant second base job. The Dodgers assigned him to the AAA Albuquerque Isotopes to start 2014, where he hit .302 in 51 games.
Rojas was called up to the Majors for the first time by the Dodgers on June 6, 2014, and made his debut as a late inning defensive replacement. His first hit was a single off Matt Belisle of the Colorado Rockies in his first start on June 8, 2014.
Rojas finished the 2014 regular season hitting only .181 with 1 home run and 9 RBIs in 85 games. He frequently took over for Hanley Ramírez at shortstop late in games for defensive purposes. On June 18, he successfully made an extremely difficult defensive play to preserve a no hitter thrown by Clayton Kershaw in the 7th inning.
In 2018, he batted .252/.297/.346.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-03-06. Retrieved 2014-03-06.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Dodgers trying to add offense to Miguel Rojas' game". 15 February 2014.
- Eric Stephen (June 6, 2014). "Dodgers option Erisbel Arruebarrena to Triple-A, call up Miguel Rojas". truebluela.com.
- "June 6, 2014 Los Angeles Dodgers at Colorado Rockies play by play and box score". Baseball Reference.
- Gurnick, Ken (December 11, 2014). "Dodgers adding Kendrick, Rollins in trades". MLB.com. Retrieved December 11, 2014.
- Nightengale, Gabe Lacques and Bob. "Marlins' 2020 season is paused by MLB after COVID-19 outbreak among players, coaches". USA TODAY. Retrieved 2020-07-28.
- Breen, Matt. "After COVID-19 outbreak, the Marlins decided via group text message to play Sunday vs. the Phillies". inquirer.com. Retrieved 2020-07-28.
- "Some games postponed after Marlins outbreak". ESPN.com. 2020-07-27. Retrieved 2020-07-28.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Miguel Rojas (baseball).|