Vítor on the bench for Leicester City
|Full name||Miguel Ângelo Leonardo Vítor|
|Date of birth||30 June 1989|
|Place of birth||Torres Vedras, Portugal|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2008||→ Aves (loan)||7||(0)|
|2010–2011||→ Leicester City (loan)||15||(3)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 01 December 2015.
He spent most of his career with Benfica, always as a reserve.
Vítor was born in Torres Vedras. Having been promoted from S.L. Benfica's junior squad for the 2007–08 season he made his debut for the first team in August 2007, appearing in both the league, against Vitória de Guimarães, and the UEFA Champions League, facing F.C. Copenhagen in the third qualifying round; this was because habitual starters Luisão and David Luiz were sidelined with injuries.
Like Romeu Ribeiro, Vítor was loaned to second division side C.D. Aves in January 2008 until the end of the season. Subsequently he returned to Benfica, being relatively used in his first full campaign.
In early July 2010, Vítor joined English Championship club Leicester City in a season-long loan, teaming up with compatriots Moreno and manager Paulo Sousa. He made his debut in a 2–1 League Cup win over Portsmouth at Fratton Park on 21 September; on 6 November, he scored his first professional goal, heading from a Martyn Waghorn free kick after 18 minutes, in a 2–0 win against Barnsley at Oakwell.
On 19 December 2010 Vítor suffered a pulled hamstring in a 0–3 away defeat against Ipswich Town, being sidelined for three months. He netted twice on his return, a 3–0 success at Scunthorpe United on 12 March 2011.
Vítor subsequently returned to Benfica, being completely ostracized by manager Jorge Jesus – as practically all Portuguese players – and even being demoted to the B-team. After he refused to renew his contract, he left as a free agent in late May 2013.
On 24 June 2013, Vítor signed with Greek club PAOK FC. He scored his first goal for his new team – also the side's first in the new season – on 17 August, netting through a header in a 3–0 home win over Skoda Xanthi FC.
PAOK centre back Miguel Vitor admits that the last day of regular season is rather strange in Greece, but he insists that he does not pay any attention to rumours."It is a little bit complicated", he said. "I understand it, but that is it. My job is to play football. When I enter the field, I give 100% and I don't care about anything else. I don't even think about it. I don't pay any attention to rumours". On 27 September 2015, the Portuguese defender picked a knee injury in the Super League game against Atromitos F.C., but his condition is improving and PAOK manager Igor Tudor hopes that he could be available on Thursday to face the crucial game against Borussia Dortmund for the UEFA Europa League.  On 22 October 2015, in a home UEFA Europa League game against FC Krasnodar, he injured again in his feet and probably he will be out for the next two weeks. 
- As of 22 October 2015
|Aves (loan)||2007–08||Segunda Liga||7||0||1||0||0||0||—||—||8||0|
|Leicester City (loan)||2010–11||Championship||15||3||0||0||2||0||—||—||17||3|
- "Camacho com treze ausentes" [Camacho without thirteen] (in Portuguese). Record. 6 September 2007. Retrieved 2 June 2015.
- "Presidente satisfeito com reforços encarnados" [President happy with red additions] (in Portuguese). Record. 11 December 2007. Retrieved 2 June 2015.
- "Leicester City complete deal for Benfica's Miguel Vitor". BBC Sport. 9 July 2010.
- "Portsmouth 1–2 Leicester". BBC Sport. 21 September 2010. Retrieved 7 November 2010.
- "Barnsley 0–2 Leicester". BBC Sport. 6 November 2010. Retrieved 7 November 2010.
- "Ipswich 3–0 Leicester". BBC Sport. 19 December 2010. Retrieved 3 April 2011.
- "Scunthorpe 0–3 Leicester". BBC Sport. 12 March 2011. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Miguel Vítor pouco conta para o técnico" [Miguel Vítor ostracized by manager] (in Portuguese). Record. 14 December 2012. Retrieved 8 April 2013.
- "Miguel Vítor de saída" [Miguel Vítor leaving] (in Portuguese). A Bola. 25 May 2013. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "Κοντά σε συμφωνία με τον Miguel Vítor" (in Greek). PAOK's official website. 24 June 2013. Retrieved 24 June 2013.
- "Miguel Vítor a caminho do PAOK" [Miguel Vítor on his way to PAOK] (in Portuguese). Mais Futebol. 24 June 2013. Retrieved 24 June 2013.
- Vitor does not give ear to rumours Retrieved 10 May 2015
- Vitor may be in contention against Dortmund Retrieved 27 September 2015
- Πλήγμα στον ΠΑΟΚ με τον Βίτορ! Retrieved 22 October 2015
- "Miguel Vítor". ForaDeJogo. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- "Miguel Vitor". Soccerway. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- Miguel Vítor at footballzz.co.uk
- Miguel Vítor profile at ForaDeJogo
- Miguel Vítor career statistics at Soccerbase
- Miguel Vítor profile at Soccerway