This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
2.9.6400 / 31 July 2017
|Written in||C, C++, Pascal|
|Operating system||Windows (stable), Linux (development)|
MiKTeX is a distribution of the TeX/LaTeX typesetting system for Microsoft Windows. It also contains a set of related programs. MiKTeX provides the tools necessary to prepare documents using the TeX/LaTeX markup language, as well as a simple tex editor: TeXworks. The name comes from Christian Schenk's login: MiK for Micro-Kid.
MiKTeX can update itself by downloading new versions of previously installed components and packages, and has an easy installation process. Additionally, it can ask users whether they wish to download any packages that have not yet been installed but are requested by the current document.
The current version of MiKTeX is 2.9 and is available at the MiKTeX homepage. Since version 2.7, MiKTeX has support for XeTeX, MetaPost and pdfTeX and compatibility with Windows 7. A portable version of MiKTeX is also available.
- LyX – An open source cross-platform word processor
- Texmaker – An open source cross-platform editor and shell
- TeXnicCenter – An open source Windows editor and shell
- MeWa – An open source Windows editor based on TeXnicCenter
- WinShell – A Windows freeware, closed-source multilingual integrated development environment (IDE)
- TeXstudio - An open source cross-platform LaTeX editor.
|This digital typography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|