14 September 1958
Mikael Birkkjær (born 14 September 1958) is a Danish actor.
Raised in Copenhagen, Birkkjær trained at Skuespillerskolen at Odense Teater in 1985. He is best known internationally for his roles as Phillip Christensen in the Danish TV political drama Borgen, and Inspector Ulrik Strange in the 2009 TV series Forbrydelsen.
- Lad de små børn... (2004) (marketed as Aftermath in English speaking countries)
- Oh Happy Day (2004)
- Springet (2005)
- The Escape (2009)
- Room 304 (2011)
- What We Become (2016)
- Een gang strømer... (1987)
- Krøniken (2005)
- Sommer (2008)
- Forbrydelsen (2009) (marketed as The Killing in English speaking countries)
- Borgen (2010/2011)
- En farlig mand (1987)
- Begær, Lighed og Broderskab (1990)
- Boksning (1988)
- "Ten Things I'll Miss About Borgen's Phillip Christensen". Radio Times. Retrieved 2012-02-05.
- Gilbert, Gerard (2012-01-05). "Nothing Like A Dane". London: The Independent. Retrieved 2012-01-05.
- "Mikael Birkkjær - Women in Power". Evening Standard. Retrieved 2012-05-06.