|Birth name||Michael Cole|
|Born||July 25, 1974|
Charlotte, North Carolina
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Mikael Adryan|
|Billed height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Billed weight||272 lb (123 kg)|
|Billed from||The Heart of Darkness|
Charlotte, North Carolina
|Trained by||Brodie Chase|
Michael Cole (born July 25, 1974) is an American professional wrestler best known by the ring name Mikael Judas and for his tenure in Total Nonstop Action Wrestling under the ring name Murphy.
Professional wrestling career
Mikael Judas debuted in June 1999 and began working for many independent promotions located in the southeast United States.
National Wrestling Alliance (2002–2011)
Mikael Judas became a part of NWA Wildside as the 1 Man Mafia Mikal Adryan in May 2002 as part of The Elite Swingers.
In June 2003 that group disbanded and he and Murder 1 became The Dark City Soldiers in June 2003. December 2003 Jeff G. Bailey offered Judas a chance to be a part of the NWA ELITE with Rainman, Azreal and Jason Cross.
NWA Wildside shut down in April 2005 being replaced by NWA Anarchy.
Judas has had dark matches with both WWE and TNA.
After the death of NWA Wildside, Judas became a top star with NWA Anarchy, including winning the NWA Anarchy Heavyweight Championship at Hostile Environment in 2005. Judas is the two-time NWA Anarchy Heavyweight Champion, having defeated former champ, Shadow Jackson and was managed by Mr. Cid Istic Esq. He lost the title to Tank on January 8, 2011, ending his reign of 252 days.
Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (2010–2011)
On the June 23, 2010, tapings of Total Nonstop Action Wrestling's Impact! television show, Judas made his debut along with fellow worker Phill Shatter as TNA's on-air security. This was considered an extended tryout for the two, and may lead to "something bigger" down the line. On the July 29, 2010, edition of TNA Impact! taping, Judas, now using the name Murphy, and Shatter, using the name Gunner, came out after an altercation involving Jeff Hardy and Mr. Anderson with Matt Morgan, and attacked Hardy and Anderson, thus turning heel. They then teamed with Morgan in a handicap match, where they were defeated by Hardy and Anderson. They spent several weeks as a tag team and became regular members of the Immortal stable. On February 13, 2011, at Against All Odds, Gunner and Murphy wrestled their first TNA PPV match, a six-man tag team match, where they teamed with their Immortal stablemate Rob Terry in a losing effort against James Storm, Robert Roode and Scott Steiner. In February both Gunner and Murphy signed two–year contracts with TNA, which saw them moved from their roles as just security guards into the active roster. On the February 24 edition of Impact!, Gunner and Murphy defeated Eric Young and Orlando Jordan to earn their first shot at the TNA World Tag Team Championship, held by Beer Money, Inc. (James Storm and Robert Roode). They would receive their shot at the title on the following edition of Impact!, but were defeated by Beer Money, Inc. On the March 17 edition of Impact!, Murphy would wrestle in a three–way dance for the vacant TNA Television Championship against Gunner and Rob Terry. Gunner would go on to win the match and the title. While Gunner went on to defend his newly won title, Murphy formed a new partnership with Terry and together the two of them went on to unsuccessfully challenge Beer Money, Inc. for the TNA World Tag Team Championship in a steel cage match on the April 21 edition of Impact!. On the May 5 edition of Impact!, Murphy was kicked out of Immortal after losing a "Loser Leaves Immortal" match against Rob Terry. Murphy was not seen on any TNA programming following the match against Terry, and his profile on TNA's roster page was removed on October 13, 2011, confirming that he had been released from the promotion.
Championships and accomplishments
- International Wrestling Association
- Anarchy Wrestling
- Pro Wrestling Evolution
- PWE Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- Mid Atlantic Xteme Wrestling
- MAXW Tag Team Championship (3 times) - with Maxx Mayhem
- UWF Tag Team Championship (5 times) - with Vincent I Pain
- UWF Heavyweight Champion (3 times)
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- PWI ranked him # 153 of the 500 best singles wrestlers of the PWI 500 in 2010
- Southern Fried Championship Wrestling
- SFCW Heavyweight Championship (1 time, current)
- Wrestlemerica Heavyweight Championship (1 time, current)
- Wrestlemerica Bulletproof Championship (1 time, current)
- Battlezone Wrestling
- BZW Heavyweight Championship (1 time, current)
- "Mikael Judas' profile". Online World Of Wrestling. Retrieved 2010-03-19.
- School, Karsten (2010-08-02). "Impact: Dreamer wrestles". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved 2010-08-02.
- "TNA Wrestling profile". Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. Retrieved 2011-06-15.
- Boutwell, Josh (2010-07-29). "Impact Results - 7/29/10". WrestleView. Archived from the original on 2011-07-18. Retrieved 2010-07-31.
- Caldwell, James (2011-02-13). "Caldwell's TNA Against All Odds PPV results 2/13: Ongoing "virtual time" coverage of live PPV - Anderson vs. Hardy, Genesis re-matches, fluid X Division situation". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2011-02-13.
- Martin, Adam (2011-02-26). "Gunner and Murphy officially sign deals with TNA". WrestleView. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- Boutwell, Josh (2011-02-25). "Impact Results - 2/24/11". WrestleView. Archived from the original on 2011-03-11. Retrieved 2011-02-25.
- Caldwell, James (2011-03-03). "Caldwell's TNA Impact report 3/3: Ongoing "virtual-time" coverage of Impact on Spike TV - Hogan, wedding, 3/3/11 reveal, Tag Title match, retirement match, celebrities". Pro Wrestling Torch. Archived from the original on 2012-01-06. Retrieved 2011-03-03.
- Baxendell, Matt (2011-03-17). "Bax's TNA Impact report 3/17: Alt. perspective review - new TNA Title belt, Fall-out From Hardy's "issues" at Victory Road, Styles injury angle, Overall Grade". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2011-04-29.
- Caldwell, James (2011-04-21). "Caldwell's TNA Impact report 4/21: Complete coverage of TNA Title match, Tag Title match, Knockouts Tag Title match, Jarrett-Angle continues". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2011-04-29.
- Baxendell, Matt (2011-05-05). "Bax's TNA Impact report 5/5: Main-Eventers Take The Week Off, Hype For Next Week's Show". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- ""PWI 500": 101–200". Pro Wrestling Illustrated. 2010-07-31. Retrieved 2010-11-09.