Mikawa-wan Quasi-National Park
|Mikawa Wan Quasi-National Park|
IUCN category V (protected landscape/seascape)
Mikawa Wan Quasi-National Park in Japan
|Location||Aichi Prefecture, Japan|
|Established||April 10, 1958|
|Governing body||Aichi Prefecture |
Mikawa-wan Quasi-National Park (三河湾国定公園 Mikawa-wan Kokutei Kōen?) is a Quasi-National Park in Aichi Prefecture, Japan. It is rated a protected landscape (category V) according to the IUCN. The park includes the coastal areas of Atsumi Peninsula, the Pacific shoreline of Chita Peninsula as well as islands and portion of the northern shoreline of Mikawa Bay.
It was founded on 10 April 1958 and has an area of 94.4 km².
Like all Quasi-National Parks in Japan, the park is managed by the local prefectural governments.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mikawawan Quasi-National Park.|
- Southerland, Mary and Britton, Dorothy. The National Parks of Japan. Kodansha International (1995). ISBN 4-7700-1971-8
- "National Park systems: Definition of National Parks". National Parks of Japan. Ministry of the Environment of the Government of Japan. Retrieved 2008-08-29.
- "三河湾国定公園". Ministry of the Environment. Retrieved 10 May 2011.
- "三河湾／鈴鹿／室生赤目青山／琵琶湖". National Parks Association of Japan. Retrieved 10 May 2011.
- MPA Global Database
- "Mikawa Wan Quasi National Park". World Database on Protected Areas. United Nations Environment Programme, World Conservation Monitoring Center.
- "List of National Parks". Ministry of the Environment. Retrieved 10 May 2011.
|This article about a national/quasi-national park or protected area in Japan, or related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|