Mike's Hard Lemonade Co.
|Privately held company|
|Industry||Flavored Malt Beverages|
|Founded||April 1, 1999|
|Headquarters||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|United States of America|
Mike's Hard Lemonade Co. is a flavored malt beverage supplier based in Chicago, IL. It is part of Mark Anthony Brands, Inc.: the fastest growing beer company in the U.S. as of 2017. Founded in 1999, Mike's Hard Lemonade Co. defined the $3.2 billion flavored malt beverage category with the introduction of its groundbreaking mike's hard Lemonade.
mike's was introduced in Canada in 1996 as a mix of vodka, natural flavors, and carbonated water. mike's entered the U.S. market on April 1, 1999, replacing the vodka base with a proprietary malt base.
- mike's is offered in a variety of formats in both bottles and cans: singles, 6-packs, and multi-packs. All flavors and formats are 5% ABV, or 3.2% ABV where required by law, and have been crafted to remove gluten.
- Besides their flagship lemonade, Mike's offers a variety of permanent and seasonal flavors including Black Cherry, Strawberry, Watermelon, and many more.
Drink on the bright side campaign
In 2017, Mike's launched the "Drink on the bright side" campaign, illustrating how consumers's favorite times pair perfectly with mike's. Utilizing the brand's notorious yellow color, early internet culture, and happy imagery, the campaign received accolades for disrupting traditional beer advertising techniques. The campaign is continuing in 2018 with sponsored comedy tours, Snapchat filter integration, and a limited edition 6-pack of the brand's iconic lemonade.
Involvement in charities
Mike's has a long history of working with charities, specifically supporting U.S. troops and breast cancer research.
- Mike's donated nearly $1MM to Boot Campaign throughout their partnership.
- Mike's partnered with the USO in 2018, donating $250,000.
- As part of a fall seasonal package takeover, Mike's contributes $250,000/year to breast cancer research.
- Holden, Ronald. "America's Fastest-Growing Beer Brand, Mike's Hard Lemonade, To Refocus On 25-29 Year Old Males". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-05-21.
- "Mike's Hard FAQ (nutrition)". Retrieved 21 May 2018.
- "Mike's Hard homepage". Retrieved 21 May 2018.
- "Hoping to Attract Millennial Men, Mike's Hard Lemonade Rebrands With a Bright New Campaign". Retrieved 2018-05-21.