Mike's Hard Lemonade Co.
|Founded||April 1, 1999|
|Headquarters||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
Mike's Hard Lemonade Co. is a ready to drink beverage manufacturer based in the United States. It is distributed by Labatt Breweries of Canada in Canada, Mark Anthony Group in the United States and owned by Mark Anthony Group globally. The company produces a family of products based on its original Mike's Hard Lemonade, first introduced in Canada in 1996, a mix of malt liquor, natural flavors and carbonated water. Mike's entered the U.S. market on April 1, 1999, changing the beverage to a mixture of lemonade flavor and an unflavored malt liquor base, due to differing tax and beverage laws.
Founded in 1999 by Anthony von Mandl, the company moved its headquarters from Lakewood, Colorado to Seattle, Washington in 2005 to be closer to its former parent, Mark Anthony Group Inc. of Vancouver, B.C., Canada, a privately owned manufacturer and distributor of wines, hard ciders, and other alcoholic beverages. In Sept. 2013, the company announced it was moving its headquarters to Chicago.
Mike's makes a family of products based on the original Mike's Hard Lemonade theme, including:
- Mike's Hard Cranberry Lemonade, Limeade, Black Cherry Lemonade, Raspberry Lemonade, Black Raspberry Lemonade, Strawberry Lemonade, Peach Lemonade, Pink Lemonade, and Watermelon
- Mike's Hard Winter Blackberry
- Mike's Hard Blood Orange
- Mike's Harder Lemonade, Cranberry Lemonade, Blueberry Lemonade, Black Cherry Lemonade, Strawberry Lemonade, Limeade, Mango, and Blood Orange.
- Mike's The Classic Margarita in Traditional Lime, Raspberry, Peach, and Strawberry.
- Mike's Harder Margarita
- Mike's Hard Punch in Mango and Fruit flavors
- Mike's Harder Punch in Mango, Fruit Punch, Grape, Orange Citrus, Strawberry Pineapple and Cherry Lime
- Mike's Hard Chocolate Cherry
- Mike's Lite Hard Lemonade and Cranberry Lemonade
- Mike's Authentic Shandy
- Mike's Hard Smashed Apple Cider in Crisp Apple and Classic Dry
- Mike's Hard Frozen in Black Cherry Lemonade, Strawberry Lemonade, Lemonade, and Classic Margarita
- Mike's Hard Raspberry Elderflower Lemonade
- JOHN COOK, SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER REPORTER (16 February 2005). "Mike's malt execs like flavor of Seattle". seattlepi.com.
- Illinois Government News Network - Governor Quinn Announces Mike’s Hard Lemonade Opens U.S. Headquarters Office in Illinois Retrieved 13 September 2013.
- "mike's Hard Lemonade". Retrieved 6 November 2011.[permanent dead link]