Michael Abene (born July 2, 1942) is a jazz pianist known for accompanying singers and for arranging music. He has accompanied Susannah McCorkle Julius La Rosa, and others. He had his first solo album Solo Piano in 1986.
|This section requires expansion. (February 2012)|
With Maynard Ferguson
- Si! Si! M.F. (Roulette, 1962)
- Color Him Wild (Mainstream, 1965)
- The Blues Roar (Mainstream, 1965)
- The Maynard Ferguson Sextet (Mainstream, 1965)
With Dizzy Gillespie
- Cornucopia (Solid State, 1969)
With Urbie Green
- The Fox (CTI, 1976)
With Cal Tjader
- Solar Heat (Skye, 1968)
- Smith, Gregory E.; Kernfeld, Barry (2002). "Abene, Mike". In Barry Kernfeld. The new Grove dictionary of jazz (2nd ed.). New York: Grove's Dictionaries Inc. p. 4. ISBN 1-56159-284-6.
- JazzTimes Apr 1996, pg 50. Books.google.com. Retrieved 2011-10-30.
- Making the scene: contemporary New York City big band jazz by Alex Stewart, pg 262. Books.google.com. Retrieved 2011-10-30.
- Haunted Heart: A Biography of Susannah McCorkle by Linda Dahl, pg 148. Books.google.com. Retrieved 2011-10-30.
- American Singers: Twenty-seven Portraits in Song by Whitney Balliett, pg 161. Books.google.com. Retrieved 2011-10-30.
- Texas Monthly: June 1986, pg 161. Books.google.com. Retrieved 2011-10-30.
|This article on an American jazz pianist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|