Michael Abene (born July 2, 1942) is a jazz pianist known for accompanying singers and for arranging music. He has accompanied Susannah McCorkle Julius La Rosa, and others. He had his first solo album Solo Piano in 1986.
With Maynard Ferguson
- Si! Si! M.F. (Roulette, 1962)
- Color Him Wild (Mainstream, 1965)
- The Blues Roar (Mainstream, 1965)
- The Maynard Ferguson Sextet (Mainstream, 1965)
With Dizzy Gillespie
- Cornucopia (Solid State, 1969)
With Urbie Green
- The Fox (CTI, 1976)
With Cal Tjader
- Solar Heat (Skye, 1968)
- Smith, Gregory E.; Kernfeld, Barry (2002). "Abene, Mike". In Barry Kernfeld. The new Grove dictionary of jazz (2nd ed.). New York: Grove's Dictionaries Inc. p. 4. ISBN 1-56159-284-6.
- JazzTimes Apr 1996, pg 50. Books.google.com. Retrieved 2011-10-30.
- Making the scene: contemporary New York City big band jazz by Alex Stewart, pg 262. Books.google.com. Retrieved 2011-10-30.
- Haunted Heart: A Biography of Susannah McCorkle by Linda Dahl, pg 148. Books.google.com. Retrieved 2011-10-30.
- American Singers: Twenty-seven Portraits in Song by Whitney Balliett, pg 161. Books.google.com. Retrieved 2011-10-30.
- Texas Monthly: June 1986, pg 161. Books.google.com. Retrieved 2011-10-30.
|This article on an American jazz pianist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|