Mike Baker (CIA officer)
June 22, 1961
|Occupation||Script advisor, producer, former CIA officer, security consultant|
|Service branch||Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)|
Michael "Mike" Baker is an American British former covert operations officer with the Central Intelligence Agency, president and co-founder of a private intelligence and security firm, a frequent guest on the Fox News Channel, and current producer and script adviser to the entertainment industry.
Baker spent 17 years as a covert field operations officer for the Central Intelligence Agency, specializing in counterterrorism, counternarcotics and counterinsurgency operations. He engaged in, organized and supervised operations around the globe, working in Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Europe, the former Soviet Union, and elsewhere.
In December 2000, after leaving government service, Baker co-founded Diligence. Baker left Diligence in 2004 to found Prescience LLC, another private intelligence company. Baker returned to Diligence in 2009, when it acquired Prescience. Baker is currently Diligence's President.
Television, Radio and Podcasting
He has served as a technical advisor for the entertainment industry.
He lives in Idaho with his wife and three sons, Scooter, Mugsey, Sluggo and has a daughter from a previous marriage.
- Mike Baker (April 3, 2005). "The globe-trotting life of a real double agent". latimes.com. Retrieved 2017-01-16.
- "About Us". www.diligence.com. Retrieved 2016-08-05.
- Javers, Eamon (2010-02-09). Broker, Trader, Lawyer, Spy: The Secret World of Corporate Espionage. HarperCollins. ISBN 978-0-06-196938-6.
- "Face Lift for Diligence". Intelligence Online (585). 2009-01-08. Retrieved 2017-01-16. (subscription required)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-01-21. Retrieved 2012-11-28.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- DiNardo, Kelly (2005-01-23). "Ex-CIA Operative Demystifies Spies". washingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2011-06-26.