Mike Baker (CIA officer)
June 22, 1961
|Occupation||Script advisor, producer, former CIA officer, security consultant|
|Service||Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)|
Michael "Mike" Baker is an American British former covert operations officer with the Central Intelligence Agency, president and co-founder of Diligence LLC, a private intelligence and security firm, a frequent guest on the Fox News Channel, and current producer and script adviser to the entertainment industry. He lives in Idaho with his wife and three sons, and has a daughter from a previous marriage.
Baker spent 17 years as a covert field operations officer for the Central Intelligence Agency, specializing in counterterrorism, counternarcotics and counterinsurgency operations. He engaged in, organized and supervised operations around the globe, working in Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Europe, the former Soviet Union, and elsewhere.
In December 2000, after leaving government service, Baker co-founded Diligence. Baker left Diligence in 2004 to found Prescience LLC, another private intelligence company. Baker returned to Diligence in 2009, when it acquired Prescience. Baker is currently Diligence's President, Americas.
Television, Radio and Podcasting
When acting as the ombudsman on Red Eye w/ Greg Gutfeld in 2011, Baker presented a graph of the "wanker gap" for the first half of the program. Baker has never given an explanation of the meaning of the "wanker graph."
He appeared on Deadliest Warrior, episode "KGB vs. CIA," as a member of the CIA team. Baker was a trainer on Spy, a 2004 reality TV series in which amateurs were trained and evaluated in espionage techniques. He was also a frequent guest on the Opie & Anthony Radio Show on Sirius/XM Satellite Radio and Imus.
He appeared on the Opie and Anthony show on SiriusXM, after being booked by a parody Twitter account of the show's actual booker.
Mike has appeared on the podcast The Joe Rogan Experience 5 times as of May 2018, on episodes #541, #767, #907, #1001 and #1115.
Mike has also been a host in the show "America Declassified".
- Mike Baker (April 3, 2005). "The globe-trotting life of a real double agent". latimes.com. Retrieved 2017-01-16.
- "About Us". www.diligence.com. Retrieved 2016-08-05.
- Javers, Eamon (2010-02-09). Broker, Trader, Lawyer, Spy: The Secret World of Corporate Espionage. HarperCollins. ISBN 978-0-06-196938-6.
- "Face Lift for Diligence". Intelligence Online (585). 2009-01-08. Retrieved 2017-01-16. (subscription required)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-01-21. Retrieved 2012-11-28.
- "The Daily Gut". The Daily Gut. Retrieved 2011-06-26.
- DiNardo, Kelly (2005-01-23). "Ex-CIA Operative Demystifies Spies". washingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2011-06-26.