Mike Bennett (rugby league)
|Bennett while plying for St Helens in 2008|
|Full name||Michael Bennett|
|Nickname||Benno, Basher, Dangerous B|
9 May 1980 |
Warrington, Cheshire, England
|Height||6 ft 1 in (186 cm)|
|Weight||15 st 8 lb (99 kg)|
|Source: Rugby League Project|
Bennett played for St Helens RFC at second-row forward, scoring a try in their 2002 Super League Grand Final victory against the Bradford Bulls. St Helens reached the 2006 Super League Grand final to be contested against Hull FC and Bennett played from the interchange bench in Saints' 26-4 victory. In 2005, Bennett represented England, coming off the bench in a 22–12 victory against France. As 2006 Super League champions, St Helens faced 2006 NRL Premiers the Brisbane Broncos in the 2007 World Club Challenge. Bennett played at second-row forward in the Saints' 18-14 victory.
Bennett announced on 1 September 2008 that he would retire at the end of 2008 season due to injury.
- Gordos, Phil (19 October 2002). "Long breaks Bulls' hearts". BBC Sport. Retrieved 19 November 2013.
- Wilson, Andy (24 October 2005). "France serve notice of intent, but England redress balance". The Guardian. Retrieved 19 November 2013.
- "'I felt like a pawn' - Higham". St Helens Reporter. Johnston Press. 28 October 2005. Retrieved 19 November 2013.
- "Injury forces Bennett to retire". BBC Sport. 1 September 2008. Retrieved 19 November 2013.
- England Statistics at englandrl.co.uk
- Mike Bennett Player Profile
- Bennett signs new Saints contract
- Profile at saints.org.uk
- Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org
|This English rugby league football biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|