Mike Bloom (musician)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
April 5, 1975 |
Manhasset, New York
|Associated acts||Rilo Kiley, Jenny Lewis, Rachael Yamagata, Johnathan Rice, Margot & the Nuclear So and So's, The Elected, Julian Casablancas, The Voidz|
Michael Evan Bloom (born April 5, 1975 in Manhasset, New York) is an American singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist who has played with artists such as Rilo Kiley, Jenny Lewis, Rachael Yamagata, Johnathan Rice, and Margot & the Nuclear So and So's, and has been co-member of The Elected. Mike has been touring since 2010 and an active member in Julian Casablancas' (of The Strokes) band. He is the younger brother of actor/writer Brian Bloom and actor/producer/director Scott Bloom.
Mike has also produced and or engineered tracks or complete records by Rilo Kiley, The Elected, Alan Semerdjian, and Adam Mugavero. Mike's first solo album, King Of Circles, was released in June 2011 on Pierre de Reeder's Rilo Kiley label Little Record Company. 
- Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins - Rabbit Fur Coat (2006) Team Love Records
- The Elected - Sun, Sun, Sun (2006) Sub Pop
Warner Bros. Records (2008)
- The Elected - "Bury Me In My Rings" (2011) Vagrant Records
- Mike Bloom - King Of Circles (2011) Little Record Company
- Mike Bloom on Myspace
- Mike Bloom on Musical Family Tree
- Little Record Company
- The Elected on Myspace
- Julian Casablancas
- Elephants…Teeth Sinking Into Heart at Discogs
- Farber,Jim."'King of Circles' review: Mike Bloom branches out from Rilo Kiley, recreates '70s singer-songwriting". NY Daily News, 2011.
- "The Elected's Mike Bloom Set Solo Release". antimusic. 31 March 2011. Retrieved 22 March 2016.
- http://www.rockedition.com/news/little-record-company-signs-big-talent[permanent dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-02-24. Retrieved 2008-03-09.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-25. Retrieved 2011-05-13.