Mike Cope (preacher)
|Born||July 25, 1956|
|Education||Harding University, Harding School of Theology|
Cope has been a Church of Christ preacher for over 27 years. In 1982, he preached at Pine Valley Church of Christ in Wilmington, North Carolina. In 1984, he moved to preach at College Church of Christ in Searcy, Arkansas. Finally, in 1991 he moved to Abilene, Texas to preach at Highland Church of Christ, where he remained until 2009. He then joined Heartbeat Ministries as Executive Vice-President to engage in ministry online. In 2012, Cope became the ministry outreach director at Pepperdine University. In addition to preaching, Cope has taught at Abilene Christian University for over 15 years. He left the classroom in 2013 to focus on his role at Pepperdine University. Cope has authored several books and has had a blog since 2003 that has attracted 4 million hits. One of his books, Megan's Secrets, is about his mentally disabled daughter who died in 1994.
- Living in Two Worlds, Nashville, Tennessee: Gospel Advocate, 1987. ISBN 978-0-89225-297-8.
- One Holy Hunger: When God Is All You Want, Abilene, Texas: Hillcrest Publishing, 2001. ISBN 978-0-89112-443-6.
- What Would Jesus Do Today, with Rubel Shelly, West Monroe, Louisiana: Howard Books, 2008. ISBN 978-0-89225-297-8.
- Megan's Secrets: What My Mentally Disabled Daughter Taught Me about Life, Abilene, Texas: Leafwood Publishers, 2011. ISBN 978-0-89112-286-9.
- "Pepperdine University Announces Changes in Bible Lectures and Church Relations". pepperdine.edu. Pepperdine University. Retrieved 29 May 2013.
- Bethel, Brian (9 March 2009). "Highland minister Cope to change role". Abilene Reporter News. Retrieved 29 May 2013.
- Garcia, Josh (31 January 2013). "Cope leaves ACU for Pepperdine full-time". The Optimist. Retrieved 29 May 2013.
- Tryggestad, Erik (2009). "To reach the unchurched online, minister Mike Cope leaves pulpit". The Christian Chronicle. Retrieved 29 May 2013.
- "Staff| Office of Church Relations". pepperdine.edu. Pepperdine University. Retrieved 29 May 2013.
- "Adjunct and In-Residence Faculty". acu.edu. Abilene Christian University. Retrieved 30 May 2013.
- "About Us". heartbeat.org. Heartbeat. Retrieved 29 May 2013.