This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Michael John Dimkich|
|Born||February 15, 1968|
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Genres||Punk rock, alternative rock, hard rock, heavy metal|
|Associated acts||The Cult, Channel 3, Suckerpunch, Bad Religion, Steve Jones|
Mike Dimkich (born February 15, 1968) is an American guitarist who is currently a member of the punk rock band Bad Religion. He has also played for The Cult, Channel 3, Suckerpunch, and Steve Jones.
Dimkich started playing in the California punk rock band Channel 3 in 1986. In 1989 he played guitar with Steve Jones of the Sex Pistols, and opened with Jones for The Cult. The Cult asked Dimkich to join them on rhythm guitar in 1993, and he remained a member until 2013, when he joined Bad Religion to replace Greg Hetson. James Stevenson replaced Dimkich as The Cult's guitarist.
Dimkich is of Serbian descent (Serbian surname: Димкић, Dimkić), hence his nickname The Serb. He is an ultra-marathon runner and a competitive road cyclist. He began running ultra-marathon races officially in 2001 and as of 2003, had run more than ten. More recently, he has begun participating in competitive road cycling.
- "Michael J. Dimkich, Born 02/15/1968 in California". CaliforniaBirthIndex.org. Retrieved 14 April 2016.
- "True North as Team Coco web exclusive". The Bad Religion Page. 8 January 2014. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "Does this make it official? It seems so". The Bad Religion Page. 16 January 2014. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- Jamison, Neal (2003). Running through the wall : personal encounters with the ultramarathon. Breakaway Books. ISBN 1891369377. OCLC 52234146.
- "Introducing Mike The Serb | Isadore". isadore.com. Retrieved 21 February 2019.