Mike Diver is a British journalist. He started his career at music website Drowned In Sound, where he became editor, before moving on in 2008 to become editor of Clash magazine's website. He has contributed to several magazines including NME, Kerrang! and ''Rock Sound, and additionally, under his own name and the name "Milton Savage," has been covering video games since 2012 for Kotaku, Vice, The Guardian and Edge.
Diver was album reviews editor for BBC Music from 2009 until it was shut down in 2013. When working at Drowned in Sound in 2008, he was selected by BBC News as one of 150 "influential and impartial UK-based music critics" to contribute to the site's BBC Sound Of 2008 poll. He contributed to the same (BBC Sound Of...) poll in 2010 and 2011.
Diver has his own blog, From Sinking. He has appeared as a pundit on the BBC Radio 1 Review Show, BBC 6 Music, Xfm, BBC Radio 5 Live, BFBS and Amazing Radio, and has presented live shows for Diesel U Music and Green Man Radio. Under the name Milton Savage, he has written a number of 'Savage Pixels' videogame columns for Drowned In Sound. In 2013, he began writing videogames-related content for Vice, and returned to Clash as online editor. In 2014 he began writing videogame articles for Edge. His video game coverage has also been featured on Kotaku and The Guardian, covering a mix of new titles and classic games and platforms.
- Ritchie, Meabh (18 July 2008). "Are rock festivals music to your ears?". Press Gazette. Retrieved 23 January 2010.
- "Two Experienced Music Editors Join ClashMusic.com Team". PR Newswire. 24 September 2008. Retrieved 23 January 2010. Note: Subscription required.
- "BBC Music Blog: Mike Diver". BBC. Retrieved 23 January 2010.
- "BBC Sound of 2008: The pundits". BBC. 31 December 2007. Retrieved 23 January 2010.
- "BBC Sound of 2010: The tastemakers". BBC News. 7 December 2009.
|This article about a British journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|