Mike Ellis (Canadian politician)
|Deputy Leader of the United Conservative Party|
July 25, 2017 – October 30, 2017
|Preceded by||Position established|
|Succeeded by||Leela Aheer|
|Member of the Legislative Assembly of Alberta for Calgary-West|
Assumed office |
October 27, 2014
|Preceded by||Ken Hughes|
January 9, 1973|
|Political party||United Conservative|
|Progressive Conservative (until 2017)|
Michael David Ellis (born January 9, 1973) is a Canadian politician, who was elected to the Legislative Assembly of Alberta in a by-election on October 27, 2014. He represents the electoral district of Calgary-West as a member of the United Conservative Party.
|Alberta general election, 2015: Calgary-West|
|Progressive Conservative||Mike Ellis||8,312||46.8|
|New Democratic||Mizanur Rahman||4,940||27.8|
|Total valid votes||17,764||100.0|
|Rejected, spoiled and declined||117|
|Source: Elections Alberta|
|Calgary-WestAlberta provincial by-election, October 27, 2014: |
Resignation of Ken Hughes
|Progressive Conservative||Mike Ellis||4,843||44.44||-5.51|
|New Democratic||Brian Malkinson||336||3.08||+0.07|
|Alberta Party||Troy Millington||265||2.43||+1.46|
|Progressive Conservative hold||Swing||-|
- "Calgary-West elects PC Party's Mike Ellis". CBC News, October 27, 2014.
- "Mike Ellis out of second PC party Calgary-West contest". Calgary Herald, February 21, 2012.
- "Calgary-West: The issues, the candidates". Calgary Sun, October 25, 2014.
- "2015 Provincial General Election Results". Elections Alberta. Archived from the original on 2017-08-01. Retrieved 2017-08-01.
- "Report on the October 27, 2014 By-elections" (PDF). Elections Alberta. Retrieved 19 May 2016.