Gillislee in 2015
|No. 35 Buffalo Bills|
|Date of birth:||November 1, 1990|
|Place of birth:||DeLand, Florida|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||219 lb (99 kg)|
|High school:||DeLand (FL)|
|NFL draft:||2013 / Round: 5 / Pick: 164|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2015|
Michael B. Gillislee, Jr. (born November 1, 1990) is an American football running back for the Buffalo Bills of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for the University of Florida. He was considered one of the top running back prospects, and was chosen by the Miami Dolphins in the fifth round of the 2013 NFL Draft.
Gillislee attended DeLand High School in DeLand, Florida. As a senior playing for the DeLand Bulldogs high school football team, rushed for 1,149 yards on 227 carries for a 5.1-yard average which was preceded by 900 rushing yards as a sophomore and over 1,200 yards as a junior. Considered a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, he was rated as the No. 7 all-purpose running back prospect in the nation.
Gillislee accepted an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida, where he played for coach Urban Meyer and coach Will Muschamp's Florida Gators football teams from 2009 to 2012. As a true freshman in 2009, Gillislee played in 13 games, rushing for 267 yards on 31 carries with two touchdowns. As a sophomore in 2010, he played in 10 games and had 325 rushing yards on 58 carries with seven touchdowns. As a junior in 2011, he rushed for 328 yards on 56 carries with two touchdowns. As a senior in 2012, Gillislee finished the regular season with 1104 yards on 235 carries and 10 touchdowns. He became the first Florida Gator to eclipse the 1,000 yard mark since 2004.
2013 NFL Combine
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|5 ft 11 in||208 lb||4.48 s||1.57 s||2.53 s||4.40 s||7.12 s||30.5 in||9 ft 11 in||15 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine|
On September 5, 2015, he was released by the Dolphins.
On November 4, 2015, the Buffalo Bills signed Gillislee to the practice squad. On December 5, 2015, Gillislee was promoted to the 53 man roster. During his first game as a member of the Bills in Week 13's matchup against the Houston Texans, Gillislee broke away for a 30-yard gain, his personal longest rush as a NFL player. On December 13, 2015, Gillislee scored his first career touchdown in a game against the Philadelphia Eagles. The following week, he scored his second career touchdown against the Washington Redskins. Gillislee became the first Bills running back since 1997 to produce TD runs of at least 50 yards in back-to-back weeks (60 yarder in week 15; 50 yarder in week 16).
On January 4, 2016, the BIlls signed him to a contract extension.
- Mike Gillislee, DS #11 RB, Florida. NFL Draft Scout (September 21, 2006). Retrieved on July 21, 2013.
- Mike Gillislee, RB. Cbssports.com. Retrieved on July 21, 2013.
- Mike Gillislee – Yahoo! Sports. Rivals.yahoo.com (April 20, 2011). Retrieved on July 21, 2013.
- Mike Gillislee. Espn.go.com. Retrieved on July 21, 2013.
- Alper, Josh (May 19, 2013). "Mike Gillislee signs with Dolphins". NBCSports.com. Retrieved January 9, 2016.
- Urban, Darren (September 22, 2015). "Kerwynn Williams cut as Massie returns". AZCardinals.com. Retrieved October 5, 2015.
- "Inside The Bills | Bills add RB Gillislee to practice squad". Retrieved 2015-12-07.
- "Bills promote RB Mike Gillislee to 53-man roster". www.buffalobills.com. Retrieved 2015-12-07.
- "Bills Mike Gillislee breaks away for 30 yards". www.buffalobills.com. Retrieved 2015-12-07.
- Smith, Michael (December 30, 2015). "Mike Gillislee putting up ridiculous stats in Buffalo". NBCSports.com. Retrieved January 9, 2016.
- Jackson, Zac (January 4, 2016). "Bills extend four, sign seven to futures contracts". NBCSports.com. Retrieved January 9, 2016.