University of Notre Dame|
University of Chicago Booth School of Business
|Employer||St. Louis Cardinals|
Girsh graduated from the University of Notre Dame with a bachelor of science in mathematics in 1998 and the University of Chicago Booth School of Business with a Master of Business Administration in 2003. He worked in valuations for Boston Consulting Group in Chicago.
In 2005, wanting to pursue a career in Major League Baseball (MLB), Girsch wrote an academic paper on the valuation of MLB draft picks and sent it to teams. John Mozeliak, the general manager of the St. Louis Cardinals, responded and hired him in 2006 as the coordinator for amateur scouting. He was promoted to director of baseball development in 2008 and to assistant general manager in 2011. In 2017, the Cardinals promoted Mozeliak to the newly created position of President of Baseball Operations and promoted Girsch to general manager.
- Roseberry, Bill (August 7, 2015). "Girsch's story is one of perseverance". AdVantage News. Retrieved July 3, 2017.
- "The Moneyball Approach Takes The Football Field". Forbes. May 3, 2016. Retrieved July 3, 2017.
- jim S. (November 21, 2013). "Q&A: Michael Girsch, St. Louis Cardinals Assistant General Manager | FanGraphs Baseball". Fangraphs.com. Retrieved July 2, 2017.
- Langosch, Jenifer (January 20, 2016). "Cardinals promote John Mozeliak, Mike Girsch | MLB.com". M.cardinals.mlb.com. Retrieved July 2, 2017.
- Goold, Derrick. "Cardinals promote Mozeliak, name Girsch general manager | Derrick Goold: Bird Land". stltoday.com. Retrieved July 2, 2017.
- "St. Louis Cardinals promote John Mozeliak to president, Michael Girsch to GM". Espn.com. Retrieved July 2, 2017.
|This biographical article relating to an American baseball figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|