This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Goldberg in 2008
|Residence||Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.|
Mike Goldberg (born November 24, 1964) is an American play-by-play commentator, mainly known for his work with the Ultimate Fighting Championship from 1997 until his departure in 2017. He currently works for Bellator MMA, and has been working with the promotion since June 2017.
Goldberg also served as studio host for college football telecasts on FSN, as well as ACC Sunday Night Hoops, he also appeared as a guest host on The Best Damn Sports Show Period, and has been heard on Arizona Cardinals pre-season telecasts.
On December 21, 1997 Mike Goldberg made his UFC debut as commentator for UFC Japan: Ultimate Japan (also known as UFC Ultimate Japan or UFC 15.5) The event took place in Yokohama Japan and was available on pay-per-view in the United States.
In 2005, Goldberg was offered a contract to work for World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), to be the head announcer on WWE's flagship show WWE Raw. He was also reportedly offered an extra six-figure amount to no-show at a UFC event prior to starting work for WWE.[unreliable source?] Ultimately, Goldberg refused the WWE contract and signed a new deal with UFC.
During his tenure with SportsChannel Chicago, he served as sideline reporter for the Chicago Bulls, including the Bulls 1991, 1992 and 1993 World Championships. He has also called Big Ten, ACC and SEC college football and basketball games.
Mike is married to Kim Goldberg. They have a daughter and a son together.
- Stupp, Dan. "UFC's military events have impact on broadcaster". Dayton Daily News.
- "Bellator signs commentators Mike Goldberg and Mauro Ranallo". Bellator MMA. June 13, 2017. Retrieved July 23, 2017.
- Reynolds, Robert. "UFC announcer Mike Goldberg goes from pucks to punchouts". MMADieHards.com.
- GOLDBERG SPEAKS FOR FIRST TIME - MMA WEEKLY - Mixed Martial Arts & UFC News, Photos, Rankings & more Archived 2007-09-29 at the Wayback Machine
- 411mania.com: Wrestling - VIOLENT PANDA Saturday News 08.05.06
- "UFC commentator Mike Goldberg leaving the promotion following UFC 207". MMAFighting. Retrieved 29 December 2016.