|Born||6 July 1959|
|Professional||1980–1997, 1998/1999, 2000/2001, 2004/2005|
|Highest ranking||6 (1989/90)|
Hallett was a consistently solid snooker player, but never reached the very top ranks. After winning the national under-16 title in 1975, his world ranking peaked at number six in 1989–90, after his only ranking tournament victory at the 1989 Hong Kong Open in which he beat Dene O'Kane 9–8.
In 1991 he reached the Masters Final again at Wembley where, in the best-of-17-frame match, he surged to a 7–0 lead over Stephen Hendry and missed a pink which would have put him 8–0 ahead. He then moved into an 8–2 lead and needed just one frame to win the tournament (in fact, he had just the pink and black to clear for the match in the eleventh frame, but missed with the rest). Hendry managed to spring a comeback to win the match 9–8. To make matters worse, Hallett returned home to find that his house had been burgled. Hallett would go on to win two invitational World Series of Snooker events later in the year, but did not win another professional title after 1991.
Hallett did reach the quarter-finals of the World Championship twice, but never progressed further than that. His final season on the main tour was in 2004–05, but went on to play in the Pontin's International Open Series. During his career he won approximately £920,000.
Hallett has been commentating on Premier League Snooker for Sky Sports, and all major snooker events on Eurosport. At the start of the 2011/12 season Hallett entered the Players Tour Championship and after winning his first two matches against Duane Jones 4-3 and Elliot Slessor also 4-3, he played Ronnie O'Sullivan and managed to take two frames in losing 4-2.
Ranking wins: (1)
Non-ranking wins: (4)
- Fosters Professional -1988
- Humo Masters - 1991
- Regal Scottish Masters - 1991
- English Professional Championship - 1989
- Fosters World Doubles (1987) (with Stephen Hendry)
- World Masters Doubles (1991) (with Stephen Hendry)
- "Winning the hard way". BBC News. 11 February 2002.
- Snooker Player Ranking – Mike Hallett
- Snooker Player Profile – Mike Hallett
- "Livescores". 2011-11-07. Retrieved 2011-11-07.
121 Round 3 RONNIE O'SULLIVAN 4 - 2 MIKE HALLETT
- "Relive Mike Hallett's fantastic snooker career in Sport Bygones". Grimsby Telegraph. 6 March 2015. Retrieved 30 December 2015.
- Mike Hallett at CueTracker.net: Snooker Results and Statistic Database