Michael "Mike" Hayes is an English businessman, best known as the former president and CEO of SEGA Europe and SEGA of America (collectively SEGA West). He has also held executive positions at Codemasters and Nintendo UK and currently leads the digital and e-commerce division of Mercia Fund Management.
During the late 1980s, Mike was employed by General Foods (soon to be bought by Kraft), where he was a Brand Manager and then Marketing Manager on their desserts products including Angel Delight and Bird's Custard. It is unknown where he was employed between then and 2001.
He joined the company in 2004 as Managing Director. In 2005, Hayes became president contributing to the company's reinvention from a hardware maker to a third-party games publisher. In his tenure as COO of SEGA Europe, he was credited for restoring SEGA's dominance in Europe by setting up the now-defunct Sega Racing Studio and acquiring video game studios Creative Assembly and Sports Interactive.
- Weber, Rachel (19 September 2013). "Ex-Sega CEO joins VC fund Mercia Fund Management".
- Rose, Mike (18 September 2013). "Former Sega CEO Mike Hayes heading up new game VC fund".
- Tipps, Seth (19 September 2013). "Mike Hayes heads VC's new games division".
- "Mike Hayes". Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- Head Hunter: Redemption Manuals
- Maxwell, Ben (30 April 2012). "Sega Europe and US boss Mike Hayes to step down".
|This English business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|