Mike Hill (bishop)
|The Right Reverend|
|Bishop of Bristol|
|Church||Church of England|
|Diocese||Diocese of Bristol|
|Successor||Viv Faull (announced)|
|Other posts||Bishop of Buckingham (1998–2003)|
1977 (deacon); 1978 (priest)|
by Donald Coggan
17 April 1949|
Manchester, Lancashire, United Kingdom
|Parents||Arthur and Hilda Hill|
Anthea (m. 1973)
|Profession||formerly printing executive|
|Alma mater||Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge|
The son of Arthur and Hilda Hill, Hill was educated at Wilmslow County Grammar School, Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge and at Ridley Hall, Cambridge. He was ordained a deacon at Petertide 1977 (26 June) and a priest the next Petertide (2 July 1978), both times by Donald Coggan, Archbishop of Canterbury, at Canterbury Cathedral. From 1977 to 1980 he was curate of St Mary Magdalene's, Addiscombe; and, from 1980 to 1983, of St Paul's Slough. From 1983 to 1990 he was priest in charge of St Leonard's Chesham Bois. In 1990 he became Rural Dean of Amersham and the Archdeacon of Berkshire in 1992. From 1998 to 2003 he was the area Bishop of Buckingham; he was ordained and consecrated a bishop on 19 March 1998 at Southwark Cathedral.
- The Reverend Mike Hill (1977–1992)
- The Venerable Mike Hill (1992–1998)
- The Right Reverend Mike Hill (1998–present)
- Mike Hill — Bishop Mike's story
- Diocese of Bristol — Bishop of Bristol announces retirement (Accessed 25 January 2017)
- Who's Who 2008: London, A & C Black ISBN 978-0-7136-8555-8
- Debrett's People of Today London, 2008 Debrett's, ISBN 978-1-870520-95-9
- "Petertide ordinations (Archived; subscription only)". Church Times (#5968). 1 July 1977. p. 4. ISSN 0009-658X. Retrieved 6 May 2017. (Subscription required (help)).
- "Petertide ordinations (Archived; subscription only)". Church Times (#6021). 7 July 1978. p. 4. ISSN 0009-658X. Retrieved 6 May 2017. (Subscription required (help)).
- Crockford's Clerical Directory 2008/2009 Lambeth, Church House Publishing ISBN 978-0-7151-1030-0
- "News (in brief): New Bishops of Lancaster and Buckingham (Archived; subscription only)". Church Times (#7036). 19 December 1997. p. 2. ISSN 0009-658X. Retrieved 11 October 2015. (Subscription required (help)).
|Church of England titles|
| Bishop of Buckingham
| Bishop of Bristol
Viv Faull designate
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|