Mike Hollingshead is an American professional storm chaser, photographer and videographer from Blair, Nebraska. His work has been covered by NPR, numerous photography magazines and websites, and on the cover of National Geographic. It is also featured in films and television, such as Take Shelter, The Fifth Estate, and the series finale of Dexter. In 2008 Hollingshead released his first book titled Adventures in Tornado Alley: The Storm Chasers with co-author Eric Nguyen.
Some of his photographs have been circulated by e-mail without his permission and without giving him credit or payment, in some cases misidentified as being of Hurricane Katrina. He now adds a digital watermark to his photographs to discourage this.
- Scott, Danny (October 28, 2007). "A Life in the Day: Mike Hollingshead". The Sunday Times. London, United Kingdom. Retrieved 2010-01-09.
- "Giant 'Bugnado' Swarms In America's Heartland". National Public Radio. August 20, 2011. Retrieved 2013-10-10.
- Miller, Peter (Sep 2012). "Weather Gone Wild". National Geographic. 132 (9): 30. Retrieved 2013-10-10.
- Hollingshead, Mike; Eric Nguyen. Adventures in Tornado Alley: The Storm Chasers. Thames & Hudson. pp. 187 p. : ill. (some col.), maps ; 20 x 25 cm. OCLC 181139459. ISBN 978-0-500-51404-7 (hbk.) ISBN 978-0-500-28737-8 (pbk.)
- Kissel, Howard (April 4, 2008). "(book review) Gone with the wind: New coffee table book showcases storm chasers". Daily News. New York. Retrieved 2010-01-09.
- "Adventures in Tornado Alley: The Storm Chasers (book review)". Amateur Photography. London, United Kingdom: IPC Media. 16 August 2008. Retrieved 2010-01-09.
- Julian, Janet (July 1, 2008). "Hollingshead, Mike & Nguyen, Eric. Adventures in tornado alley; the storm chasers.(Young adult review)(Brief article)(Book review)". Kliatt. Retrieved 2010-01-09.
- "Adventures in Tornado Alley: The Storm Chasers.(Books: A selection of new and notable books of scientific interest)(Brief article)(Book review)". Science News. March 29, 2008. Retrieved 2010-01-09.
- Mikkelson, Barbara; David P. Mikkelson (2010). "Storm Clouds". Snopes. Retrieved 2013-10-10.
- Myatt, Kevin; The Roanoke Times (September 15, 2005). "Photos are not from Katrina". Roanoke, Virginia. Retrieved 2010-01-09.