March 12, 1966 |
Mt. Clemens, Michigan
|August 22, 1991, for the Milwaukee Brewers|
|Last MLB appearance|
|October 3, 1993, for the Milwaukee Brewers|
|Earned run average||4.80|
Ignasiak made his Major League debut on August 22, 1991, allowing two earned runs in 2.1 innings of relief against the Toronto Blue Jays. Ignasiak was credited with his first Major League win in that game. He would go on to appear in three more games (one as a start, two in relief) during the 1991 season, finishing with a 2–1 record and an ERA of 5.68. Ignasiak struck out 10 batters and walked 8 in 12.2 innings pitched.
Ignasiak spent the entire 1992 season in the minors, appearing in 62 games and pitching 92 innings for Milwaukee's Triple-A affiliate, the Denver Zephyrs. With Denver, Ignasiak went 6–2, with an ERA of 2.93 and 10 saves.
In 1993, Ignasiak split time between the Brewers and the New Orleans Zephyrs, who had relocated from Denver. With New Orleans, Ignasiak posted a 1.09 ERA in 35 appearances (57.2 innings), posting a 6–0 record and saving 9 games. At the major league level, Ignasiak saw action in 27 games (37 innings), with a 1–1 record, a 3.65 ERA, 28 K's and 21 walks.
During the 1994 season, Ignasiak spent most of his time in the majors, appearing in only 8 games for Triple-A New Orleans. With the Brewers, Ignasiak appeared in 23 games, making 5 starts. He posted a 3-1 record, with an ERA of 4.53 over 47.2 innings. Ignasiak struck out 24 batters and walked 13.
1995 would be Ignasiak's final season in the major leagues. In 25 appearances with the Brewers, Ignasiak posted a 4–1 record and a career-worst 5.90 ERA. Over 39.2 innings, he struck out 26 batters and walked 23.
For his career, Ignasiak recorded a 4.80 ERA and a .714 win-loss percentage. He appeared in 79 games and threw 137 innings, striking out 88 batters and walking 65.
Ignasiak is the younger brother of former major league pitcher Gary Ignasiak, who is 16 years older than Mike and appeared in 3 games for the 1973 Detroit Tigers. Ignasiak is now a successful amateur golfer and also owns a Dairy Queen franchise in Saline, Michigan.
- "Mike Ignasiak Statistics and History". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved March 18, 2015.
- "Mike Ignasiak 1991 Pitching Gamelogs". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved April 28, 2015.
- "Mike Ignasiak Minor League Statistics and History". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved April 28, 2015.
- D'Amato, Gary (August 23, 2011). "Former Brewer Ignasiak having a blast at U.S. Amateur". Journal Sentinel. Retrieved April 28, 2015.
- "Gary Ignasiak Statistics and History". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved April 28, 2015.
- Olsen, Cory (June 21, 2013). "Michigan Amateur: Former MLB pitcher Mike Ignasiak enters semifinals Saturday". MLive.com. Retrieved April 28, 2015.