Mike J. Nichols
Nichols created a re-cut of George Lucas' Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace known as The Phantom Edit. According to the re-done scroll, the self-proclaimed "Phantom Editor" stated he had re-edited a standard VHS version of The Phantom Menace into what he believed was "a much stronger version of the film". He also did an edit of Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones, called "Attack of the Phantom", wherein he did the same, with additional commentary explaining his editing decisions.
Nichols works in Los Angeles as both an editor and executive producer. His editing credits include the documentary film The Last Play at Shea (2010), which premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival and at Citi Field in New York, for the largest movie exhibition since 1919.
- Fausset, Richard (June 1, 2002). "A Phantom Menace?". LA Times. Retrieved August 17, 2011.
- Rodgers, Andrew (June 6, 2011). "Interview with Phantom Editor". Zap2it. Archived from the original on February 10, 2008. Retrieved July 17, 2011.
- "Mystery of Star Wars phantom edit". BBC. June 7, 2001. Retrieved August 17, 2011.
- "Friday Fun 'Drinking at a Bar'". TVWeek.com. August 8, 2011. Archived from the original on February 24, 2012. Retrieved August 17, 2011.
- Wortham, Jenna (August 7, 2008). "Two Guys Drinking at a Bar Parodies Lost, Galactica". Wired. Retrieved August 17, 2011.