|Born||19 May 1984 (age 35)|
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
|Genres||Garage rock, power pop|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, drums|
Counter Counter Culture
|Associated acts||Sleeping in the Aviary|
Mike Krol is an American musician and graphic designer based in Los Angeles, California. After releasing two albums on Counter Counter Culture, Krol released his third album Turkey on Merge Records August 28, 2015. Power Chords was released in 2019, described by Dagger as "hit[ting] a nerve here with some real classic catchy, garage rock."
- I Hate Jazz (Counter Counter Culture, 2011)
- Trust Fund (Counter Counter Culture, 2013)
- Turkey (Merge Records, 2015)
- Power Chords (Merge Records, 2019)
- Live At Vera (Roekie Records, 2016)
- An Ambulance B/W Never Know (Merge Records, 2018)
- Mike Krol Is Never Dead: The First Two Records (Merge Records, 2017)
Merge Records announced that Krol's music would be making an appearance on Cartoon Network's Steven Universe. His name, image, and songs "Like a Star" and "Fifteen Minutes" were prominently featured on the sixth episode of the fourth season, "Last One Out of Beach City".
The song "Fifteen Minutes" is also used as the credits song to the visual novel Monster Prom.
- Rizor, John (February 7, 2011). "Mike Krol". Ballista Magazine. Retrieved July 13, 2015.
- Slattery, Marty (July 1, 2015). "Mike Krol signs to Merge for new album Turkey". Tiny Mix Tapes. Retrieved July 13, 2015.
- Kenney, Brandon (February 5, 2014). "Review: Mike Krol - Trust Fund (2013)". Mezzic. Retrieved July 13, 2015.
- "WORST 100 CHARACTERS! PERCY HOBART! MIKE KROL!". The Best Show with Tom Scharpling. June 24, 2015. Retrieved July 13, 2015.
- Hinely, Tim (27 January 2019), "Mike Krol - Power Chords (Merge Records)", Dagger, retrieved 13 February 2019
- Records, Merge (31 August 2016). "Coming soon to a near you: @mikefredkrol in cartoon form, thanks to #StevenUniverse on @CartoonNetwork!pic.twitter.com/e6HkhZEPqj". Twitter. Retrieved 26 January 2019.
|This artist-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|