The youngest member of the Committee of 100, he was sent, aged sixteen, to Wormwood Scrubs Prison along with most of the Committee. He has served two spells as contributor to London's Underground journal International Times.
In 1992 he was the co-author, with Prof A. Wuensche, of the book The Global Dynamics Of Cellular Automata, published in the "Santa Fe Institute's Reference Volumes". The book is an atlas of emergent forms evolving from the apparently chaotic product of a set of iterated logical operations.
He was assistant to the Directing Professor, P. Allen, at the Institute for Ecotechnological Research at Cranfield University. He is the co-author of several scientific papers on dynamical systems theory with Prof Allen.
In 2009 he founded The International Times Archive, a free archive of every page of International Times from its first issue in 1966 to its last in 1994.
Lesser died in London in 2015 at the age of 71. In December 2015, coroner Andrew Walker at Barnet Coroners Court ruled that Lesser died from asphyxiation. Evidence was given that Lesser had suffered from depression for "many years". He had a heart bypass in 1999 and in June 2015 had been told that he had terminal lung cancer. He left a note for his wife and friends.
- "Mike Lesser obituary". the Guardian.
- International Times, May 1968, R. Tasher, "Stop Press Paris 24th May", London. 
- P.Allen & M.Lesser (1991) Evolutionary Theories of Economic Change, pp. 160-172. Harwood Academic Publishers. Ed. P. P. Saviotti & J. Metcalfe. ISBN 3-7186-5078-9
- D. Murray et al. (May 200), "Attention, monotropism and the diagnostic criteria for Autism", The International Journal Of Research and Practice: Autism Vol 9, No 2, pp. 139-157.
- Dazed and Confused, December 2009, Karley Sciortino, "Anti-Authoritarian Mike Lesser on His Life of Anarchy", London.
- The Times, London, 10 September 2005, "Give me a break"
- Philosopher committed suicide after terminal cancer diagnosis. Charlie Peat, Times Series, 2 December 2015. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- A LIFE OF ANARCHY: MIKE LESSER INTERVIEW Slutever, Feb. 18 2010