- For the American ice hockey defenceman, see Mike Little (ice hockey)
Mike Little at Young Rewired State 2012
Founder, zed1.com Limited
Co-founder, Maverick Marketing Ltd
Freelance Technical Editor
WordPress is the official successor to a blogging tool developed by French programmer Michel Valdrighi named b2/cafelog, which launched in 2001. In 2002 Valdrighi stopped developing b2, and on 24 January 2003 Matt Mullenweg, a user of b2/cafelog, wrote on his blog that he’d be willing to create a fork of the project. Mike Little soon contacted Mullenweg by leaving a comment on Mullenweg's blog that read "If you’re serious about forking b2 I would be interested in contributing. I’m sure there are one or two others in the community who would be too. Perhaps a post to the B2 forum, suggesting a fork would be a good starting point." – following which Little and Mullenweg began working together on the development of WordPress, releasing the first version on 27 May 2003. In June 2013 Little was awarded the SAScon's "Outstanding Contribution to Digital" award for his part in co-founding and developing WordPress.
- "History". WordPress Codex. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- "About WordPress". WordPress.org. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- Matt Mullenweg (24 January 2003). "The Blogging Software Dilemma".
- "How a Stockport developer helped create the world's biggest online publishing phenomenon – for free". Prolific North. 4 February 2013.
- "Unsung Internet Visionary to be Honoured at SASCON". SAScon. 17 May 2013. Archived from the original on 16 August 2014.
- "Internet Visionary Honoured". Cheshire Border Independent Newspaper. 26 June 2013. Archived from the original on 3 February 2014.
|This biographical article relating to a computer specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|