- For the American ice hockey defenceman, see Mike Little (ice hockey)
Mike Little at Young Rewired State 2012
Founder, zed1.com Limited
Co-founder, Maverick Marketing Ltd
Freelance Technical Editor
WordPress is the official successor to a blogging tool developed by French programmer Michel Valdrighi named b2/cafelog, which launched in 2001. In 2002 Valdrighi stopped developing b2, and on January 24, 2003 Matt Mullenweg, a user of b2/cafelog, wrote on his blog that he’d be willing to create a fork of the project. Mike Little soon contacted Mullenweg by leaving a comment on Mullenweg's blog that read "If you’re serious about forking b2 I would be interested in contributing. I’m sure there are one or two others in the community who would be too. Perhaps a post to the B2 forum, suggesting a fork would be a good starting point." – following which Little and Mullenweg began working together on the development of WordPress, releasing the first version on May 27, 2003. In June 2013 Little was awarded the SAScon's "Outstanding Contribution to Digital" award for his part in co-founding and developing WordPress.
- "History". WordPress Codex. Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- "About WordPress". WordPress.org. Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- Matt Mullenweg (January 24, 2003). "The Blogging Software Dilemma".
- "How a Stockport developer helped create the world's biggest online publishing phenomenon – for free". Prolific North. February 4, 2013.
- "Unsung Internet Visionary to be Honoured at SASCON". SAScon. May 17, 2013. Archived from the original on August 16, 2014.
- "Internet Visionary Honoured". Cheshire Border Independent Newspaper. June 26, 2013.
|This biographical article relating to a computer specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|