Mike Little (ice hockey)
November 12, 1987|
Enfield, CT, USA
|Height||5 ft 9 in (175 cm)|
|Weight||185 lb (84 kg; 13 st 3 lb)|
Mike Little (born November 12, 1987) is an American professional ice hockey defenseman. He is currently an unrestricted free agent who was most recently under contract with Krefeld Pinguine of Germany's top flight Deutsche Eishockey Liga (DEL).
Following his four-year NCAA career at American International College, Little spent time in the ECHL (with the Reading Royals, Stockton Thunder and the Florida Everblades) and in the AHL with the Norfolk Admirals, the Charlotte Checkers and the Springfield Falcons.
The 2014-15 ECHL season saw him haul in 53 points in 60 games for the Florida Everblades. For his efforts, he was named to the All-ECHL First Team and received All-ECHL Defenseman of the Year honors.
On June 2, 2015, the Iserlohn Roosters of the Deutsche Eishockey Liga, Germany's elite ice hockey league, signed Little to a try-out contract for the 2015–16 season. Upon completion of the pre-season with the Roosters, and despite positive reviews, Little was not extended to a season long contract and was released from Iserlohn on September 7, 2015. Little was quickly signed in the neighbouring Austrian Hockey League to a one-year contract with the Graz 99ers on September 10. In mid-November 2015, he agreed on a short-term deal with the Kassel Huskies of the German second division DEL2 and had his contract extended until the end of the 2015-16 season later that month. He made a total of 47 appearances for the Kassel team, scoring 16 goals, while dishing out 35 assists, and helped the Huskies win the DEL2 championship.
Little then moved to Germany's top-tier Deutsche Eishockey Liga (DEL), signing with Krefeld Pinguine for the 2016–17 season on April 26, 2016. He appeared in 51 games, however, was unable to prevent the team from finishing last. Little left the club on March 3, 2017, after it was revealed he would not be offered a new contract.
Awards and honors
|ECHL First Team All-Star||2014–15|||
|ECHL Defenseman of the Year||2014–15|||
- "Mike Little". Elite Prospects. Retrieved 2016-02-13.
- "The ECHL - Premier 'AA' Hockey League | All-ECHL First Team announced". www.echl.com. Retrieved 2016-02-13.
- "The ECHL - Premier 'AA' Hockey League | Little named CCM Hockey ECHL Defenseman of the Year". www.echl.com. Retrieved 2016-02-13.
- "Rooster sign American Mike Little" (in German). come-on.de. 2015-06-02. Retrieved 2015-06-02.
- "Michel Periard replaces Mike Little" (in German). Iserlohn Roosters. 2015-09-07. Retrieved 2015-09-07.[permanent dead link]
- "Graz commit to Mike Little". Graz 99ers. 2015-09-10. Retrieved 2015-09-10.
- GmbH, Thomas Röstel, Matthias Geissler - Sports Trade. "Mike Little bleibt bei den Huskies | del-2.org". del-2.org. Retrieved 2016-02-13.
- Schalljo. "DEL2-Meister Mike Little wechselt zu den Krefeld Pinguinen". portal.krefeld-pinguine.de. Archived from the original on April 26, 2016. Retrieved April 26, 2016.
- "First discussions on squad management taken place" (in German). Krefeld Pinguine. 2017-03-03. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "All-ECHL First Team announced". ECHL. 2015-04-01. Retrieved 2015-04-01.
- "Little named ECHL defenseman of the year". ECHL. 2015-04-01. Retrieved 2015-04-01.
- Mike Little career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Mike Little career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|This United States biographical article relating to ice hockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|