- Not to be confused with American soccer player Mike Lookingland.
Lookinland at the Big Apple Convention in Manhattan, October 1, 2010.
|Born||Michael Paul Lookinland
December 19, 1960
Mount Pleasant, Utah, U.S.
|Known for||The Brady Bunch|
|Spouse(s)||Kelly Wermuth (1987-present; 2 children)|
Lookinland was born in 1960 in Mount Pleasant, Utah, a small town located eighty miles south of Salt Lake City. He has a younger brother named Todd, who starred in The Blue Bird with Elizabeth Taylor, and an older sister Terese. Lookinland grew up in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He is a self-professed conservationist and "camping nut." He attended the private Chadwick School on the Palos Verdes Peninsula in Southern California, and graduated in 1978.
Lookinland was a TV commercial actor before he was cast in The Brady Bunch, having done around thirty commercials. He has naturally sandy-colored wavy hair. Because his hair color did not match Peter's or Greg's natural dark brown color, he had to have his hair dyed dark brown and straightened to match. Occasionally, the lights on set were so hot that his dye job would run down his face. During the last two seasons of The Brady Bunch, his natural hair color was finally allowed to show.
His brother Todd appeared in a Brady Bunch episode that served as the pilot for a spin-off series called Kelly's Kids about a husband and wife who adopt three boys, one white, one black, and one Asian. The pilot was not bought, however.
Lookinland also provided the voice of Oblio in the animated film The Point!. Shortly after the final season of The Brady Bunch wrapped filming, he appeared alongside Jennifer Jones and Paul Newman in the 1974 disaster film blockbuster The Towering Inferno and on the 1970s TV show The Secrets of Isis.
Lookinland reprised his role as Bobby Brady in the 1988 Christmas special A Very Brady Christmas, and again in the 1990 sequel series The Bradys, in which Bobby Brady was involved in a racing car accident, which made him a wheelchair user throughout the series.
Lookinland spent several years as a television camera operator, in fact, he made an uncredited appearance in the 2000 TV movie Growing Up Brady as Shorr, as the camera operator during the Brady Bunch episode "Room at the Top".
Since 1987, Lookinland has been married to Kelly Wermuth, who worked as a script supervisor on Touched by an Angel. They have two sons: Scott (born 1990) and Joe (born 1993). He was portrayed by his son Scott in the TV movie Growing Up Brady.
Years after leaving The Brady Bunch, Lookinland accidentally cut off the end of his index finger with a table saw. In 1997, he was arrested for drunk driving.
- Mike Lookinland Biography (1960-)
- The Brady Bunch: "Kelly's" Kids episode at the Internet Movie Database
- Nasvik, Joe (April 8, 2009). "Paul Lundy and Mike Lookinland; Concrete in Counters, Santa Clara, Utah Just Add Water, Salt Lake City, Utah". Concrete Construction. Retrieved December 27, 2014.
- "Mike Lookinland". NNDB. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- "A Greg-Shaped Box: Barry Williams dismantles post-Brady hijinx, and hawks his CD". Gettingit.com. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- Mike Lookinland at the Internet Movie Database
- Just Add Water Custom Concrete
- Mike Lookinland's arrest at Rotten.com
- Mike Lookinland at The Smoking Gun