September 19, 1970
|Alma mater||Virginia Tech|
Michael Michalowicz (// mick-AL-ə-wits; born September 19, 1970) is an American author, entrepreneur, and lecturer. He is currently an author of seven business books published by Penguin Random House, including Get Different (2021), Profit First (2017) and Clockwork (2018), and is the former host of the "Business Rescue" segment for MSNBC's Your Business. He was previously the small business columnist for The Wall Street Journal and hosted the reality television program called Bailout!.
- Michalowicz, Mike (2009). Profit First: Transform Your Business From A Cash Eating Monster To A Money Making Machine. New York: Portfolio/Penguin. ISBN 978-0735214149.
Michalowicz founded Olmec Systems  in 1996 and sold the business in a private equity transaction in 2003. In 2003 he co-founded a computer forensic firm, which was a lead examiner in the Enron scandal. That company was acquired by Robert Half International in 2006. Terms were undisclosed. Mike Michalowicz currently owns three companies and has four additional organizations with exclusively licensing rights to his work. 
Early life and education
Michalowicz graduated from Virginia Tech in 1993 and was captain of the Virginia Tech Men’s Lacrosse Team List of Virginia Tech alumni. He graduated with two degrees, one in Finance and the other in Management Science.
- "BUSINESS FUNDAMENTALS & FIX THIS NEXT". Retrieved 12 June 2020.
- Dean DeChiaro. "Ideas on the Horizon". Hudson Reporter.
- Dale Neal. "Asheville business gets MSNBC makeover". Citizen Times.
- Pia Silva (September 21, 2021). "Is Mike Michalowicz's New Book "Get Different" Really That Different?". Forbes.
- Juan José Cervantes. "¿Cómo lograr que la ganancia sea primero?". El Financiero.
- Janice Celeste (January 14, 2016). "Not Making a Profit? This One Habit Will Help".
- MSNBC's Your Business. "American Business: Makeover On Main with Mike Michalowicz".
- "Mike Michalowicz Biography".
- Walter O'Brien. "Television show films episode in Lebanon Borough, gives restaurant a 'reality' check".
- "The Book That Taught Me I Was Doing Entrepreneurship Wrong". February 20, 2021.
- "Protiviti Acquires P.G. Lewis & Associates". March 3, 2006.
- "How Mike Michalowicz Schooled Me In Quarantine. Twice!". May 21, 2020.
- "How To Hire And Develop A Team of A-Players". October 26, 2017.