Mike Miller (Canadian football)
|Winnipeg Blue Bombers|
|Date of birth||March 15, 1989|
|Place of birth||Riverview, New Brunswick|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||215 lb (98 kg)|
|CFL draft||2011 / Undrafted|
|2017–present||Winnipeg Blue Bombers|
|Career highlights and awards|
Mike Miller (born March 15, 1989) is a Canadian football fullback for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the Canadian Football League. He also played for the Edmonton Eskimos for six years and became a Grey Cup champion in 2015. He played CIS football with the Acadia Axemen.
Miller was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Edmonton Eskimos on May 18, 2011. He primarily played on special teams over his tenure with the Eskimos, while seeing some playing time on defense as well, registering six defensive tackles from 2011 to 2015. He won his first Grey Cup championship in 2015 where he had one special teams tackle in the game.
He led the league in special teams tackles in 2016 with 27, despite only playing in 16 games. He was released by the Eskimos on March 1, 2017. He dressed in 104 games with the Eskimos, registering 116 special teams tackles.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- "Esks ink ex-Axeman; sign linebacker". CFL.ca. 2017-03-03. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "Defense stats 2011". CFL.ca. 2017-03-03. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "Eskimos release top CFL special-teams tackler". edmontonjournal.com. 2017-03-01. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "Grey Cup 103 boxscore". CFL.ca. 2015-11-29. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "Eskimos release national fullback Miller". CFL.ca. 2017-03-01. Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- "Edmonton Eskimos release special-teams dynamo Mike Miller after six seasons". cfjctoday.com. 2017-03-01. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "Bombers add FB Mike Miller". bluebombers.com. 2017-03-03. Retrieved 2017-03-03.