Mike Mitchell (artist)
|Born||1982 (age 34–35)
Los Angeles, California
|Education||American Academy of Art in Chicago, IL|
|Notable work||"I'm with Coco" poster|
Mike Mitchell is an American artist known for his pop surrealism and for leading the online grassroots movement in supporting Conan O'Brien during the 2010 Tonight Show conflict. He designed the "I'm with Coco" poster, which was based on a photo, that went viral on the internet in January 2010. The poster has been widely circulated and displayed on the web and at various rallies during the 2010 Tonight Show conflict, and afterwards for O'Brien's The Legally Prohibited from Being Funny on Television Tour. He also designed a poster in response to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill depicting a dead SpongeBob SquarePants floating on a polluted sea, with the caption: "Who died in an oil spill because of BP".
- SWxMM (2017)
- Mitchell x Marvel x Mondo (2014)
- Crusaders & Haters (2009)
- i am 8-bit (2008)
- Hollywood, DC (2008)
- "I'm With Coco": Inside the Conan O'Brien support movement, a 13 January 2010 PopWatch article from Entertainment Weekly
- Rabid Nick Refer (2010-01-15). "Interview with Mike Mitchell, "I'm With Coco" artist and Conan O'Brien supporter". Creative Loafing. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- Stelter, Brian (January 14, 2010). "In Leno vs. O'Brien, Fans Show Allegiance Online". The New York Times. p. C1.
- Chatman, Jon (February 5, 2010). "The Man Behind the "I'm With Coco" Movement". Huffington Post.
- "I'm with Coco. The Poster. The Facebook Page. Viva la Grassroots.". Elephant journal. Jan 13, 2010.
- Ericka Lim (2010-06-02). "BP Oil Spill Update Casualty: Spongebob Dead". Fishabble. Retrieved 2010-06-10.
|This article about a painter from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|