|Member of the California State Senate|
from the 23rd district
|Assumed office |
April 3, 2014
|Preceded by||Bill Emmerson (resigned)|
|Member of the California State Assembly|
from the 40th district
63rd district (2010–2012)
December 6, 2010 – March 26, 2014
|Preceded by||Bill Emmerson|
|Succeeded by||Marc Steinorth|
|Born||October 14, 1952|
|Residence||Rancho Cucamonga, California|
|Alma mater||University of La Verne|
|Occupation||Real estate broker, politician|
Mike Morrell (born October 14, 1952) is an American politician currently serving in the California State Senate. He was elected as a Republican to the California State Assembly in 2010, and won a special election to the State Senate in March 2014. Prior to serving in the state legislature, he was a real estate broker.
As a state assemblyman, Morrell represented the 40th district, encompassing part of San Bernardino County. He served as the Vice Chair of the Labor and Employment Committee and a member of the Budget, the Banking and Finance, the Environmental Safety and Toxic Materials, the Jobs, Economic Development, and the Economy, and the Joint Sunset Review Committees.
In March 2014, Morrell won a special election and became a Republican member of California State Senate for District 23. Morrell succeeded Bill Emmerson, who resigned. Morrell was sworn in on April 3, 2014 to serve District 23.
- Legislative Committee for the Citrus Valley Association of Realtor
- Advisory Board to the Pacific Justice Institute
2016 California State Senate election
|Republican||Mike Morrell (incumbent)||93,484||54.8|
|Democratic||Ronald J. O'Donnell||50,850||29.8|
|Republican||Mike Morrell (incumbent)||184,470||56.6|
|Democratic||Ronald J. O'Donnell||141,533||43.4|
2014 California State Senate special election
|Democratic||Ronald J. O'Donnell||10,531||15.2|
2012 California State Assembly election
|Republican||Mike Morrell (incumbent)||26,261||58.2|
|Republican||Mike Morrell (incumbent)||65,282||50.4|
2010 California State Assembly election
- 2014 Henry J. Mello award. Presented at 34th Annual Legislative Session of the California Senior Legislature.
- "Mike Morrell's Biography". Vote Smart. Retrieved March 11, 2020.
- "Mike Morrell | Biography". California State Assembly. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- McNary, Sharon (November 11, 2013). "Assemblyman Mike Morrell to run in vacated Inland Senate seat". scpr.org. Retrieved March 11, 2020.
- Emerson, Sandra (March 5, 2019). "Sen. Mike Morrell's tenure in state legislator offers a lesson on term limits". dailybulletin.com. Retrieved March 11, 2020.
- Karnes, Bea (November 22, 2014). "Sen. Morrell Honored by California Senior Legislature". patch.com. Retrieved March 11, 2020.