||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Full name||Michael Okoth Origi|
|Date of birth||16 November 1967|
|Place of birth||[Nairobi. Kenya|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Michael "Mike" Okoth Origi (born 16 November 1967), commonly referred to as Mike Okoth, is a retired Kenyan footballer. Initially playing as a goal keeper he converted to a striker at Shabana, a position that he would feature in for both club and country.
He spent most of his professional career in Belgium and is the father to Belgian international footballer, Divock Origi.
Mike Okoth started his football career with Itierio Secondary School from where he was spotted by Shabana. He would feature for Shabana in the Kenyan Super League and at continental level in the African Champions Cup. In 1989 he would join Kenya Breweries (now Tusker).
Mike Okoth is of Luo ethnicity. His older brother Austin "Makamu" Oduor Origi was a defender and captain for Gor Mahia and the Kenya national football team. His younger brothers would also feature in the Kenya Super League, Anthony Origi for Kenya Breweries and Gerald Origi for Utalii FC.
His son Divock Origi played for the Genk U-15 team and signed for Lille in May 2010. He scored on his debut for the Ligue 1 side against Troyes on 4 February 2013. He was selected to be part of the Belgium national team for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil by former player and then manager Marc Wilmots, and became the youngest Belgian player ever to score at a World Cup finals when he scored in the 88th minute of a 1–0 win over Russia to secure a spot in the knock-out stage for the Red Devils.
- "Retired star Mike Okoth speaks about his son Divock's love for Kenya - Nairobi News". Nairobi News. Retrieved 2016-04-06.
- "Profile of Mike Okoth Origi". kenyapage.net. Retrieved 2016-04-06.
- Gisesa, Nyambega. "KPL: Shabana keen to restore lost glamour". Standard Digital News. Retrieved 2016-04-06.
- "Head to head stats Kabwe Warriors FC (Kabwe), Zambia - Shabana FC (Kisii), Kenya". wildstat.com. Retrieved 2016-04-06.
- "Profile of Mike Okoth Origi Kenya Page Blog". kenyapage.net. Retrieved 2016-04-06.
- Robin Toskin (29 June 2014). "In footsteps of his father: Belgium star Divock Origi proud of Kenyan heritage, speaks Kiswahili and four Luo words". São Paulo, Brazil: The Standard. Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- "Dreams from Origi's father come true". Daily Nation. Retrieved 2016-04-06.
- Divock Origi scores debut goal in Ligue 1 - Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- "Adnan Januzaj included in Belgium's World Cup squad". BBC. 13 May 2014. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- "Belgium v Russia". BBC. 22 June 2014. Retrieved 22 June 2014.
- "Divock Origi's Late Goal for Belgium Defeats Russia". Bleacher Report. 22 June 2014. Retrieved 22 June 2014.
- Mike Origi at National-Football-Teams.com