Mike Pearson (footballer)
|Full name||Michael Thomas Pearson|
|Date of birth||19 January 1988|
|Place of birth||Bangor, Wales|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Airbus UK Broughton|
|2006–2007||→ Farsley Celtic (loan)||7||(0)|
|2013–||Airbus UK Broughton||84||(4)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16:00, 29 April 2016 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 14 October 2010
Michael Thomas Pearson (born 19 January 1988) is a Welsh footballer who plays for Airbus UK Broughton in the Welsh Premier League. He was previously with Barrow in the Conference National in England, with whom he played from July 2008 until June 2013. He began his career with football league team Oldham Athletic. He plays as either a defender or midfielder.
Pearson went through Oldham Athletic's youth system and was a part of the club's youth Championship. He made several appearances for the reserve team before being promoted to the first team. He made his first-team debut against Millwall in a 2–1 loss on 17 February 2007. In the summer of 2007, Pearson signed a one-year contract extension to remain at Boundary Park. Pearson was loaned out to Farsley Celtic of Conference National between October and December 2007. His first appearance came in a 3–0 rout of Droylsden. Though in April 2008, both Pearson and teammate Ashley Kelly were told by Oldham that they were to be released at the end of their contracts.
Pearson played a series of trial games with Barrow AFC in summer 2008, before signing for the Conference National team before the start of the 2008–09 season. He made his debut in Barrow's 3–0 victory over Oxford United. In a 2008–09 FA Cup clash with Premier League side Middlesbrough, Pearson received an injury in the 52nd minute after a challenge with Marvin Emnes, a collision which left Pearson with a double leg-break. He was ruled out for the remainder of the season, but Barrow manager Dave Bayliss assured Pearson would remain with the club. The Bluebirds lost to Middlesbrough 2–1. In March, Pearson reported that he hoped to recover in time for the 2009–10 season. In May 2011 he was offered a new contract by Barrow. Pearson became a major part of the Barrow squad, making over 150 league appearances for the club. When the club was relegated in at the end of the 2012–13 season, he moved to Airbus UK Broughton
- "Search 1984 to 2006 – Birth, Marriage and Death indexes". Findmypast.com. Retrieved 11 January 2010.
- "Pearson injury return on course". BBC Sport. 17 March 2009. Retrieved 16 May 2009.
- "Oldham 1–2 Millwall". BBC Sport. 17 February 2007. Retrieved 16 May 2009.
- "Farsley recruit Oldham's Pearson". BBC Sport. 10 October 2007. Retrieved 4 April 2008.
- "Droylsden 0–3 Farsley Celtic". BBC Sport. 9 October 2007. Retrieved 4 April 2008.
- "Oldham release Kelly and Pearson". BBC Sport. 31 May 2008. Retrieved 4 June 2008.
- "Barrow bring in defender Pearson". BBC Sport. 31 July 2008.
- "Barrow 3–0 Oxford". BBC Sport. 8 August 2008. Retrieved 13 August 2008.
- "Ex-Latic suffers horror break". Oldham Athletic AFC. 5 January 2009. Retrieved 5 January 2009.
- "Pearson promised Bluebirds future". BBC Sport. 4 January 2009. Retrieved 5 January 2009.
- "Middlesbrough 2–1 Barrow". BBC Sport. 3 January 2009. Retrieved 5 January 2009.
- "Forrest, Goodfellow and Masters released by Barrow". BBC Sport. British Broadcasting Corporation. 6 May 2011. Retrieved 8 May 2011.
- "Portugal 7–2 Wales". Football Association of Wales. 3 March 2010. Retrieved 3 March 2010.