Michael G Polk Jr
|Born||Warren, Ohio, US|
|Residence||Cleveland, Ohio, US|
|Other names||Michael G. Polk Jr|
|Alma mater||Kent State University|
Michael G. Polk Jr. is an American comedian, actor, and newspaper columnist, known primarily for his sketch comedy and viral videos.
Early life and education
He sang his YouTube song "One Semester of Spanish - Love Song" for Kim Kardashian on Spanish television channel Telemundo. That video has received over 9.4 million views on YouTube. He thanked his viewers as "Spanish Mike" when the video hit 2 Million views. 
Some of his other work includes "Ooh Girl!" - An Honest R&B Song"., "The Great Office War", "The Factory of Sadness" and two different versions of a "Hastily Made Cleveland Tourism Video" all of which have about 20 million views combined on YouTube. The tourism spoof video actually prompted Cleveland's convention and tourism bureau to solicit other videos in a 'counterattack' to Polk's not-so-flattering work. Segments of the Cleveland tourism videos were also featured in the Michael Moore documentary film Capitalism: A Love Story.
Polk was named as one of Cleveland Magazine's Most Interesting People of 2010.
In 2013 readers of Scene Magazine voted him to be Cleveland's Best Local Comedian and Best Local Author for his book Damn Right I'm From Cleveland.
Notes and references
- "Kent State ‘down’ with entertainment this weekend". KentWired.com.
- "Mike Polk : Actor : Biography". Symfonee.com.
- "Video Mike Polk's tribute to TNT's coverage of the NBA playoffs". Sports.Yahoo.com.
- "One Semester of Spanish - Love Song". YouTube. September 10, 2007.
- "Spanish Mike at Telemundo". YouTube. January 14, 2008.
- "Spanish Mike en Mas Vale Tarde". YouTube. February 12, 2008.
- "Spanish Mike-2 Million Viewers". YouTube. January 28, 2008.
- "Ooh Girl!" - An Honest R&B Song". YouTube. March 14, 2008.
- "The Great Office War". YouTube. June 16, 2008.
- "The Factory Of Sadness (A Cleveland Browns Fan's Reaction To Today's Game Against Houston)". YouTube. November 6, 2011.
- "Hastily Made Cleveland Tourism Video". YouTube. April 14, 2009.
- "Hastily Made Cleveland Tourism Video: 2nd Attempt". YouTube. April 30, 2009.
- "A counterattack on Mike Polk's Cleveland 'tourism' videos Regina Brett Regina Brett". Cleveland.com.
- "'Capitalism: A Love Story' is classic Michael Moore, but he should have trimmed his target list". Cleveland.com.
- "Moore's Legacy of Visual Protest in Capitalism a Love Story". HASTAC.org.
- Polk's debut column - Cleveland.com
- "Most Interesting People 2010 - Mike Polk". ClevelandMagazine.com.
- "Best Local Author 2013 - Mike Polk". CleveScene.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mike Polk.|