November 11, 1989 |
Fresno, California, United States
Pronovost was born in Fresno, California, in 1989. He attended St. Anthony's Elementary School in Fresno, California, until May 2004. He then attended high school at the private San Joaquin Memorial High School, from which he graduated in 2008. After graduating, he attended Fresno City College in the Leon S. Peters Honors Program. He then transferred to California State University, Fresno.
Pronovost launched Powerband from his home while he was in high school. Powerband is a high speed internet technology that promised "ultra-fast Internet speeds". Pronovost had some backing for the company from Microsoft.
In 2009, Pronovost launched Pronovost Technologies, an umbrella company.
In November 2011, he was invited to the White House where he gave a speech encouraging youth entrepreneurship around the country.
In 2012 the Fresno Chamber of Commerce named him the 2012 College Entrepreneur of the Year.
- "Powerband Internet About Us". Powerband Internet.
- "Pronovost Technologies Crunchbase". Crunchbase.
- "Mike Pronovost Crunchbase". Crunchbase.
- "Fresno entrepreneur heads to the White House". ABC News.
- "Entrepreneurship programs support economic growth". Community College Times.
- "Student's startup promises fast Internet speeds, even with dial-up". Pantagraph.
- "Powerband's Two-Tier Internet Service Serves You". PC Magazine.
- Teen techie vows to boost dial-up speeds - Times Of India
- "Empact 100 Pronovost Technology Corporation". Empact 100.
- "Fresno entrepreneur gets invite to White House". KSEE News.
- "Chamber of Commerce Honoree Mike Pronovost". KCPT. PBS. May 30, 2012. Retrieved 22 January 2014.