Mike Reilly (ice hockey)
July 13, 1993 |
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||183 lb (83 kg; 13 st 1 lb)|
|NHL team||Minnesota Wild|
|National team||United States|
|NHL Draft||98th overall, 2011
Columbus Blue Jackets
Michael J. Reilly Jr. (born July 13, 1993) is an American professional ice hockey defenseman who currently plays for the Minnesota Wild organization of the National Hockey League (NHL). He was originally selected by the Columbus Blue Jackets in the 4th round (98th overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
Born in Chicago, Reilly grew up in Chanhassen, Minnesota. After attending and playing for the Academy of Holy Angels and Shattuck-St Mary's, Reilly was selected by the Columbus Blue Jackets in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. Opting not to sign with the Blue Jackets, he went on to play for the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers. Reilly was named Big Ten Conference Defensive Player of the Year and First Team All-American following both his sophomore and junior seasons.
Columbus' draft rights to Reilly expired on June 15, 2015, allowing for him to become an unrestricted free agent. On July 1, 2015, Reilly was officially signed to a two-year entry level contract with the Minnesota Wild worth $1.85 million.
During his first professional season in 2015–16, Reilly was initially assigned to AHL affiliate, the Iowa Wild. On January 9, 2016 Reilly made his NHL debut with the Minnesota Wild in a 2-1 victory over the Dallas Stars.
His father, Michael J. Reilly, was drafted by the Montreal Canadiens in the eighth round of the 1977 NHL Amateur Draft, after a successful freshman campaign at Colorado College, but never played in the National Hockey League.
Regular season and playoffs
|2008–09||Academy of Holy Angels||USHS||25||2||24||26||12||2||0||1||1||0|
|2009–10||Academy of Holy Angels||USHS||24||4||29||33||19||2||3||2||5||0|
|2012–13||University of Minnesota||WCHA||37||3||11||14||14||—||—||—||—||—|
|2013–14||University of Minnesota||B1G||41||9||24||33||18||—||—||—||—||—|
|2014–15||University of Minnesota||B1G||39||6||36||42||44||—||—||—||—||—|
|Representing United States|
|2015 Czech Republic|
|IIHF World U20 Championship|
Awards and achievements
|Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year||2013–14
|All-Big Ten First Team||2013–14
|AHCA West First-Team All-American||2013–14
|Hobey Baker Award Finalist||2014–15|||
- "Wild Signs Defenseman Mike Reilly". Wild.com. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- Peters, Chris. "Mike Reilly informs Blue Jackets he won't sign, hits free agency". CBS Sports. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- Graff, Chad. "Wild had what Mike Reilly wanted: potential, opportunity". twincities.com. Pioneer Press. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- "Michael J. Reilly profile". hockeydraftcentral.com. 2014-02-03. Retrieved 2014-02-03.
- "Reilly claims inaugural defensive player of the year". Big Ten Conference. 2014-04-01. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "Big Ten Announces Hockey Postseason Honors". Bigten.org. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- "Big Ten Announces Hockey Postseason Honors". Big Ten Conference. 2014-04-01. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Gonzalez, Jason (April 10, 2015). "Minnesota's Mike Reilly earns back-to-back All-America hockey honors". startribune.com. Star Tribune. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- "McIntyre and Kero named amongst Hobey Baker finalists". fargoforce.com. 2015-04-01. Retrieved 2015-04-01.
- Mike Reilly career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Mike Reilly career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
|Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year
|This United States biographical article relating to ice hockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|