Mike Scott (basketball)
Scott (middle) with the Atlanta Hawks in April 2015
|No. 32 – Atlanta Hawks|
July 16, 1988 |
|Listed height||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
|Listed weight||237 lb (108 kg)|
|High school||Deep Creek (Chesapeake, Virginia)
Hargrave Military Academy
|NBA draft||2012 / Round: 2 / Pick: 43rd overall|
|Selected by the Atlanta Hawks|
|2012–2013||→Bakersfield Jam (D-League)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
James Michael "Mike" Scott (born July 16, 1988) is an American professional basketball player for the Atlanta Hawks of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played college basketball for the University of Virginia.
High school career
After a solid first three years in which he led the team in rebounding as a sophomore and junior, Scott appeared poised for a breakout year in 2010–11. He began the year averaging 15.9 points and 10.2 rebounds in the team's first ten games. But Scott's season ended early as he suffered an ankle injury and underwent season-ending surgery.
Due to his injury, Scott was granted a medical redshirt and a fifth year of eligibility. He was one of the top players in the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) in 2011–12, averaging 18.0 points and 8.3 rebounds per game and led the ACC in field goal percentage at .563. He led the Cavaliers to a 22-10 record and their first NCAA tournament berth in five years, losing to Florida in the round of 64. Scott received conference recognition as the second-leading vote getter for the All-ACC team and national recognition as an All-American by the Sporting News (third team) and the Associated Press (Honorable Mention).
Scott finished his Virginia career with 1,538 points and is the third leading rebounder in Cavalier history with 944.
Atlanta Hawks (2012–present)
Scott was drafted by the Atlanta Hawks with the 43rd overall pick in the 2012 NBA draft. He later joined the Hawks for the 2012 NBA Summer League. On September 6, he signed with the Hawks. On December 1, he was assigned to the Bakersfield Jam of the NBA Development League. He was recalled by the Hawks on December 11, reassigned on March 1, and recalled again on March 6. Scott appeared in 40 games for the Hawks as a rookie in 2012–13, averaging 4.6 points and 2.8 rebounds per game.
On February 22, 2014, Scott scored a career-high 30 points in a 107–98 win over the New York Knicks. He became a primary scoring option off the bench for the Hawks in 2013–14, averaging a career-high 9.6 points per game on the season.
On August 26, 2014, Scott re-signed with the Hawks. On March 14, 2015, he was ruled out indefinitely after suffering a left toe injury against the Denver Nuggets on March 11. He missed 11 games with the injury, returning to action on April 4 against the Brooklyn Nets. On April 8, he tied his season-high of 20 points in another win over the Nets.
On December 26, 2015, Scott scored a season-high 18 points in a 117–98 win over the New York Knicks.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
On July 30, 2015, Scott and his brother, Antonn, were arrested for drug charges after 35.2 grams of marijuana and 10.9 grams of MDMA were found in a SUV driven by Antonn. The vehicle originally had been stopped for following too closely in Banks County, Georgia on Interstate 85 northeast of Atlanta; the vehicle failed to yield for about two miles, with speeds reaching 98 mph, before it finally pulled over. Scott is facing a possible 25-year prison sentence for his drug charges.
- Mike Scott Recruiting Profile
- "Mike Scott to miss remainder of season due to ankle injury". WashingtonPost.com. January 10, 2011. Retrieved October 15, 2013.
- "Mike Scott Bio". virginiasports.com. Retrieved October 15, 2013.
- ATLANTA HAWKS SIGN SECOND ROUND DRAFT PICK MIKE SCOTT
- HAWKS ASSIGN JENKINS AND SCOTT TO BAKERSFIELD JAM
- HAWKS RECALL SCOTT FROM BAKERSFIELD JAM
- Atlanta Hawks Re-Assign Mike Scott to NBA D-League Affiliate Bakersfield Jam
- Hawks recall Mike Scott from D-League
- Mike Scott 2012-13 Game Log
- Notebook: Hawks 107, Knicks 98
- Atlanta Hawks: Mike Scott 2013-14 Season Review
- Mike Scott 2013-14 Game Log
- Hawks Re-Sign Mike Scott
- Hawks: Forward Mike Scott has fractured toe
- Millsap hurt as Hawks rout Nets, tie team mark with 57th win
- Mike Scott 2014-15 Game Log
- Millsap, Horford lead Hawks in big surge past Knicks
- "Hawks' Mike Scott arrested on drug charges". NBA.com. July 30, 2015. Retrieved July 30, 2015.
- Atlanta Hawks’ Mike Scott faces up to 25 years on drug charges