|Born||February 17, 1977 (age 44)|
|Occupation||CTO at integrate.ai|
Shaver attended high school at Lisgar Collegiate Institute in Ottawa, where he began working with Ingenia Communications Corporation, an Ottawa-area computer consultancy that later dissolved. His efforts saw him rise from a summer student who worked as a system administrator and software developer to chief systems architect and eventually Chief technical officer (CTO).
Shaver eventually left to work at Netscape Communications and later zerøknowledge, Cluster File Systems, and the Oracle Corporation. Beginning as a visiting developer, he quickly rose through the ranks and eventually gained Internet fame by becoming a founding member of the Mozilla Organization in 1998.
He served as VP of Engineering and VP of Technical Strategy for the Mozilla Corporation where he helped people understand, build, and benefit from an open Web. He became associated within the discussions of web standardization and also performed gatekeeper role. At Mozilla, Shaver worked with Mike Schroepfer, who also later began working at Facebook.
Shaver was also at the center of the "ten fucking days" imbroglio wherein he wrote on his business card "ten fucking days" referencing a recent ten-day turnaround for a security flaw from notification to releasing a fixed version of Firefox. His intent was to show confidence in Mozilla's ability to quickly address security issues, but it was misunderstood as a general or official Mozilla policy. Shaver stayed at Mozilla for six years before he transferred to Facebook, where he became the director of engineering from 2011 to 2016.
- "Such Sweet Sorrow".
- "Mike Shaver Leaving Netscape". mozillaZine. January 12, 2000. Retrieved 2008-11-14.
- "About Mike Shaver – Mozilla". 2006-03-31. Archived from the original on 2008-12-11. Retrieved 2008-11-14.
- shaver » on evangelism
- Swigart, Scott; Sean Campbell (March 20, 2008). "Interview with Mike Shaver – Chief Evangelist – Mozilla". How Software is Built. Archived from the original on December 25, 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-14.
- Moe, Folk (2012). Online Credibility and Digital Ethos: Evaluating Computer-Mediated Communication: Evaluating Computer-Mediated Communication. Hershey, PA: IGI Global. ISBN 9781466626638.
- Metz, Cade; Isaac, Mike (2019-05-17). "Facebook's A.I. Whiz Now Faces the Task of Cleaning It Up. Sometimes That Brings Him to Tears". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-05-21.
- "Mozilla Says "Ten Fucking Days"". ha.ckers. 2007-08-03. Archived from the original on 2013-04-14. Retrieved 2012-07-26.
- shaver » about ten days at black hat
- Galang, Jessica (2018-10-22). "Mike Shaver joins integrate.ai as CTO". BetaKit. Retrieved 2019-05-21.