This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Associated acts||City Boy
Michael Chetwynd "Mike" Slamer is a British guitarist.
Slamer started his career playing in the UK prog-rock band City Boy. Since then, he has worked as a staff composer for various movies and TV series, has been a session guitarist for numerous recording artists, and played in several bands. He provided the guitar solos on Warrant's first two albums, Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich and Cherry Pie. He also contributed a solo on a Kix record.
He at different times cooperated with two members of the progressive rock band Kansas. With Steve Walsh he formed Streets, and with Billy Greer he created the band Seventh Key. Streets released two albums on the Atlantic Records label, 1st (1983) and Crimes in Mind (1985). A live Streets album was released on the BMG label in 1997 and features a concert for the King Biscuit Flower Hour radio show from 1983.
Slamer has also released two albums with the group Steelhouse Lane, plus a solo album entitled Nowhere Land, with former Strangeways member Terry Brock on vocals (2006).
Mike Slamer producer and Guitar
- Seventh Key (With Billy Greer) (CD 2001)
- The Raging Fire (With Billy Greer) (CD 2004)
- Seventh Key Live in Atlanta (With Billy Greer)(CD and DVD 2005)
- I Will Survive (With Billy Greer)(CD 2013)
- Diamond Blue (CD 2010) Mike Slamer producer and Guitar
- Nowhere Land (Frontiers Records, 2006)
Chris Thompson and Mike Slamer
- Won't lie down (CD 2001)Mike Slamer Guitar
- Glossolalia (CD 2000) Mike Slamer Guitar
with Steelhouse Lane
- Metallic Blue (Avex Trax, 1998)Mike Slamer Guitar
- Slaves of the New World (Escape Music Ltd., 1999)Mike Slamer producer and Guitar
- Blood From Stone (CD 1990)Mike Slamer Guitar
- "1st" – 1983
- "Crimes in Mind" – 1985
- "King Biscuit Flower Hour Presents Streets" or "Live-Shakedown" – 1997
with City Boy
- City Boy – 1976
- Dinner at the Ritz – 1977
- Young Men Gone West – 1977
- Book Early – 1978
- The Day the Earth Caught Fire – 1979
- Heads are Rolling – 1980
- It's Personal – 1981
- Anthology (Compilation) – 2001
- Official web site
- MySpace profile for Mike Slamer
- Radio interview with Mike Slamer about his time with City Boy (August 2006)
- "Nowhere Land – Slamer"
|This article on a UK guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|