|Position:||Offensive line coach|
January 16, 1955|
Daly City, California
|High school:||San Francisco (CA) El Camino|
|College:||San Diego State|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Coaching stats at PFR|
Mike Solari (born January 16, 1955) is an American football coach and former player. He is currently the offensive line coach for the Seattle Seahawks of the National Football League (NFL). Solari has previously worked for five other NFL teams, including a stint as offensive coordinator of the Kansas City Chiefs from 2006 to 2007. He played collegiately as an offensive lineman at San Diego State University.
Solari got his start as playing both ways at El Camino High School in South San Francisco, California (Class of 1973), where he was a standout, particularly on the offensive side of the ball (tackle). His next stop was as an offensive lineman at College of San Mateo. He then moved onto San Diego State, where his teammates included two other JC transfers, future NFL head coaches Herman Edwards and John Fox.
After SDSU, Solari coached at the high school level in Southern California, for the Mission Bay Pirates in the Pacific Beach sector of San Diego, and as a wrestling and assistant track coach at Orange Glen High School in 1978–79. Next he began his college coaching career at nearby MiraCosta College, a community college in Oceanside. He then went to United States International University (USIU) as an assistant football coach on Tom Walsh's staff.
He was with the Dallas Cowboys as assistant offensive line coach and special teams coach.
In 1997, he joined the Kansas City Chiefs as their O-line coach. And for many years, tutored some of the best lineman in the NFL, including Pro Football Hall of Famers Will Shields and Willie Roaf. Upon the retirement of Dick Vermeil and the signing of incumbent OC Al Saunders by Washington, Solari was promoted to Offensive Coordinator in 2006. After the conclusion of the 2007 season, Solari was fired by the Chiefs following a 4-12 season and was replaced by former Georgia Tech head coach and long-time NFL coach Chan Gailey.
He is married to wife Patti and has three children; Tamara, Stephanie and Michael
- "Chiefs fire offensive coordinator, 3 other coaches". Daily News. January 2, 2008.
- "Seahawks hire former Chief Solari as offensive line coach". ESPN. January 25, 2008.
- "Solari Named 49ers Offensive Line Coach". 49ers.com. January 21, 2010.
- "Packers to add veteran 49ers position coach Mike Solari". FOX sports. February 9, 2015.
- "Mike Solari to join Giants as offensive line coach". ProFootballTalk. January 21, 2016.
- Garafolo, Mike (15 January 2018). "One more assistant coach about to return to Seattle: Mike Solari will once again be the team's OL coach, replacing Tom Cable, source says. Solari is the latest Ben McAdoo NYG assistant to find work elsewhere". @mikegarafolo. Retrieved 2018-01-15.