|Member of the Tennessee House of Representatives
from the 49th district
|Preceded by||Kent Coleman|
|Born||January 11, 1967|
|Alma mater||Middle Tennessee State University|
Mike Sparks (born January 11, 1967) is an American politician, small business owner, Marketing Consultant, Author, Radio Show Host and a Republican member of the Tennessee House of Representatives representing District 49 since January 2011. Sparks was a county commissioner for Rutherford County, Tennessee from 2002 until 2010. Sparks has served on the Smyrna Municipal Planning Committee for 9 years. Sparks has authored three books including "Learn The Car Business for Fun & Profit", "Learn to Barter & 21 Ways to Increase Your Income and his latest "How to Do More with Less During Tough Times" all are available on Amazon.com
- Sparks has majored in Business and Mass Communication at Middle Tennessee State University, Earned his A.S. Degree in Mass Communications from Motlow College, Volunteer State College. Nashville State Technical College 1985-87
- Sparks has attended CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member). CCIM is part of a global commercial real estate network with members across North America and more than 30 countries. Sparks has attended Nashville School of Auction, CLI Real Estate Training, Completed (EMT) Emergency Management Technician Training at Volunteer State College 1989-90.
- 2014 Sparks (R) won the General election by almost a 2-1 victory which represented the largest margin to win in the 49th State House District's history with 7955 votes for Sparks (R) to Democrat challenger Mike Williams (D) 4708 votes received.
- 2012 Sparks was unopposed for the August 2, 2012 Republican Primary, winning with 1,992 votes, and won the November 6, 2012 General election with 12,532 votes (58.9%) against Democratic nominee Mike Williams.
- 2010 To challenge District 49 incumbent Democratic Representative Kent Coleman, Sparks was unopposed for the August 5, 2010 Republican Primary, winning with 5,064 votes, and won the November 2, 2010 General election with 10,668 votes (58.0%) against Representative Coleman.
- "Rep. Mike Sparks". Nashville, Tennessee: Tennessee General Assembly. Retrieved March 17, 2014.
- "Mike Sparks' Biography". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved March 17, 2014.
- "State of Tennessee August 2, 2012 Republican Primary" (PDF). Nashville, Tennessee: Tennessee Secretary of State. p. 166. Retrieved March 17, 2014.
- "State of Tennessee November 6, 2012 General Election" (PDF). Nashville, Tennessee: Tennessee Secretary of State. p. 52. Retrieved March 17, 2014.
- "State of Tennessee August 5, 2010 Republican Primary" (PDF). Nashville, Tennessee: Tennessee Secretary of State. p. 41. Retrieved March 17, 2014.
- "State of Tennessee November 2, 2010 State General" (PDF). Nashville, Tennessee: Tennessee Secretary of State. p. 41. Retrieved March 17, 2014.
- Official page at the Tennessee General Assembly
- Campaign site
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
- Mike Sparks at Ballotpedia
- Mike Sparks at the National Institute on Money in State Politics
|This Tennessee politician-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|