||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (September 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Mike Valerio is an award-winning writer, producer, director, and executive in the entertainment industry for over 20 years. Valerio has worked on over a hundred TV shows, films, documentaries, and mini-series and over a dozen television networks and entertainment companies. Valerio is most famous for his 1999 film Carlo's Wake.
- Alison Mathews: Art Matters – (2008) (Short Documentary) (Writer-director-Producer)
- Quantum Hoops – (2007) (Documentary film) (Creative consultant)
- My Network TV Premiere Special – (2006) (TV movie) (Writer-Consulting producer)
- NBC Premiere Week Preview – (2005) (TV) (Writer-director)
- Carlo's Wake – (1999) (Feature film) (Screenwriter-director)
- Stealth Force – (1993) (Unproduced film) (Screenwriter)
- King B: A Life in the Movies – (1993) (Documentary film) (Writer-director-Producer)
Carlo's Wake (1999) (feature film)
Carlo's Wake, is an independent black comedy starring Academy Award winners Martin Landau and Rita Moreno. The film also stars actress/ writer Rosie Taravella who wrote the play "Pa's Funeral" on which Carlo's Wake is based. Taravella and Valerio co-wrote the screenplay together and were later married in 1994.
Education and background
Valerio graduated from Rhode Island College in 1980 and began his career as producer of PM Magazine in Providence, Rhode Island at WJAR-TV. Valerio has since worked as a writer/ director/ producer & creative executive at companies including NBC, CBS, ABC, Warner Bros., Fox, Disney, Telepictures, and ABC Family. Mike Valerio died due to heart failure on March 17, 2010.
- director of Special Projects and [Comedy] Programs, NBC
- Executive director of Creative Services, Telepictures Prods.
- Vice President of Special Projects, Fox Broadcasting
- director of Filmmaking#DevelopmentDevelopment, Jay Silverman Productions
- "Docmoviemaker.Tv". Docmoviemaker.Tv. Archived from the original on September 14, 2008. Retrieved September 5, 2009.
- Sterngold, James (July 31, 1998). "Carlo's Wake - Trailer - Cast - Showtimes - NYTimes.com". Movies.nytimes.com. Retrieved September 5, 2009.
- "Films in the future – Entertainment News, Film News, Media". Variety. April 8, 1993. Retrieved September 5, 2009.
- "The Hollywood Reporter". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved September 5, 2009.[dead link]
- "Interact Theatre Company: Rosie Taravella". Interactla.org. Retrieved September 5, 2009.[dead link]
- Reilly, Sue (August 29, 1994). "Troupe Gets Act Together to Help Battered Women's Home – Los Angeles Times". Articles.latimes.com. Retrieved September 5, 2009.
- Sterngold, James (July 31, 1998). "At the Movies; This Summer, Noise Matters – The New York Times". Nytimes.com. Retrieved September 5, 2009.
- "Hollywood Classics USA". Hollywood Classics USA. Retrieved September 5, 2009.
- "Awards at RIIFF". Film-festival.org. Retrieved September 5, 2009.
- American Cinematographer magazine
- "Exec Shuffle – Entertainment News, Business News, Media". Variety. December 21, 1999. Retrieved September 5, 2009.
- "Kelly Carmichael, Carla Gardini And Hannah Minghella Upped To Creative Executives at Miramax | Business solutions from". AllBusiness.com. Retrieved September 5, 2009.
- "Jay Silverman Productions.(Entertainment)(Mike Valerio, new director of development)(Brief Article) – Los Angeles Business Journal". Encyclopedia.com. September 29, 2003. Retrieved September 5, 2009.