This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Michael Anthony Vescera|
13 June 1962 |
Connecticut, United States
|Genres||Rock, hard rock, heavy metal|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, songwriter, Record producer|
|Instruments||Vocals, piano, keyboard, synthesizer|
|Associated acts||Obsession, Loudness, Yngwie Malmsteen, Dr. Sin, Killing Machine, Mike Vescera Project, The Reign of Terror, Roland Grapow, Empires of Eden, Super Guitar Disney, Disney Super Guitar, AniMaze X, Animetal USA, D-Metal Stars|
Michael Vescera is an American heavy metal singer for various bands and projects like Loudness (Soldier of Fortune, On the Prowl, Live at the Budokan), Obsession (Marshall Law, Scarred for Life, Methods of Madness, Carnival of Lies, Order of Chaos), Yngwie Malmsteen (The Seventh Sign, Magnum Opus), Dr. Sin (Dr. Sin II), Roland Grapow (Kaleidoscope) or his own band MVP (Mike Vescera Project).
Besides being a vocalist, Vescera also works as a record producer: his recent collaborations include artists such as Metal Mike Chlasiak and Bobby Jarzombek (Halford, Sebastian Bach, Fates warning) and their soon to be released Pain Museum album, Bobby Blotzer's (Ratt) & John Corabi's (Mötley Crüe, Scream) Twenty4Seven CD, Magnitude Nine's forthcoming album Decoding the Soul, Reign of Terror (featuring Joe Stump) and Killing Machine (featuring Stet Howland and Mike Duda of W.A.S.P.) - just to name a few. Michael has his studio "The Toy Room" in Nashville Tennessee as well as a satellite studio "Toy Room North" in Milford, Connecticut.
Vescera covered "Get a Life" by Siam Shade for the 2010 tribute album, Siam Shade Tribute. In mid-2011, while also continuing with his band OBSESSION, Mike joined (ANIMETAL USA) (Sony Music), playing heavy metal versions of Japanese Anime theme songs. (Following in the steps of the Japanese project Animetal.) This project features Rudy Sarzo on bass, Scott Travis on drums (Later Jon Dette on Drums), and Chris Impelliterri on guitar. In 2012, he collaborated with Sovereign's guitar player Samir Mhamdi performing all the vocals on the album Warring Heaven.
In mid 2016, in a spin off of the Animetal USA project, Vescera with Rudy Sarzo on bass, John Bruno (Obsession) on guitar, and BJ Zampa (House of Lords) on drums, recorded a new project. This project D-Metal Stars "Metal Disney" was released in October 2016 on Walt Disney Records in the Japanese market. It reached #3 on the Amazon Japan Hard Rock / Metal Best Sellers chart, and #2 on the Children's Chart. The album was then released for the US Market on March 31, 2017 by UMG, Universal Music Group landing on the Billboard, iTunes, and Amazon charts.
In 2018, Vescera produced, arranged, and played keyboards for a rock guitar project called "Disney Super Guitar" (titled "Super Guitar Disney" in Japanese market). Along with D-Metal Stars bandmates John Bruno (guitar) and BJ Zampa (drums), Vescera brought in his brother Chris Vescera to play Bass for the project. This is an instrumental release featuring a guest lead guitarist on each song. Featuring Zakk Wylde, Paul Gilbert, George Lynch, Richie Kotzen, Orianthi, Ron Thal, Mike Orlando, Phil X, Jeff Watson, and Tak Matsumoto. Super Guitar Disney became a #1 Best Seller on the Amazon Japan Anime Chart, and #3 Best Seller on Amazon Japan Rock Chart.
Mid-2018, Michael launched a new project called "AniMaze X". This is a project started by the members of D-Metal Stars that encompasses a wider variety of music themes such as superheros, popular cartoons, Broadway musicals and movie soundtracks all played in the Metal style. Live Metal performance with a theatrical style production.
- Obsession - Marshall Law (1984)
- Obsession - Scarred for Life (1986)
- Obsession - Methods of Madness (1987)
- Obsession - Carnival of Lies (2006)
- Obsession - Obsession (2008)(Japan Only)
- Obsession - Order of Chaos (Oct 2012)
- Theater - Theater (1988)
- Loudness- Soldier of Fortune (1989)
- Loudness- On the Prowl (1991)
- Loudness- Live Loudest at the Budokan '91 (2009)
- Yngwie Malmsteen - The Seventh Sign (1994)
- Yngwie Malmsteen - Live at Budokan (1994 VHS/DVD)
- Yngwie Malmsteen - I Can't Wait (1994 EP)
- Yngwie Malmsteen - Magnum Opus (1995)
- Dr. Sin - Dr. Sin II (2000)
- Dr. Sin - Shadows of Light (2002)
- Killing Machine - Killing Machine (2000)
- Michael Vescera - A Sign of Things to Come (2008)
- MVP (Mike Vescera Project) - Windows (1997)
- MVP (Mike Vescera Project) - Animation (1999)
- MVP (Mike Vescera Project) - The Altar (2003)
- MVP (Mike Vescera Project) - Crossing the Line (2004)
- The Reign of Terror - Sacred Ground (2001)
- The Reign of Terror - Conquer and Divide (2002)
- Palace of Black - Palace of Black (2002)
- Roland Grapow - Kaleidoscope (1999)
- Safe Haven - Safe Haven (2004)
- Stygia (2007)
- Empires of Eden - Reborn in Fire (2010)
- Nergard - The Beginning (EP) (2011)
- Nergard - Memorial For A Wish ACT 1 (2012)
- Animetal USA - Animetal USA (Oct 2011)
- Animetal USA - W (June 2012)
- Sovereign - Warring Heaven (Sept 2012)
- Fatal Force - Unholy Rites (2012)
- Chris Bickley - Tapestry of souls (guest vocalist - 2012)
- Warrion - Awakening the Hydra (2013)
- Dramatica - Decadence (2016)
- D-Metal Stars - Metal Disney (2017 US)(2016 Japan)
- Vescera - Beyond The Fight (2017)
- Disney Super Guitar (titled Super Guitar Disney in Japanese market)
- "Biography: Loudness" Allmusic Retrieved 12 June 2010
- "Encyclopaedia Metallum"
- "Rolling Stone Magazine"
- "Perez Hilton"
- "Metal Sucks"
- "Hello Giggles"
- "Maximum Metal"