Jaimez-Ruiz playing for Aldershot Town
|Full name||Mikhael Aimar Jaimez-Ruiz|
|Date of birth||12 July 1984|
|Place of birth||Mérida, Venezuela|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|?–2003||St. Gregory's University|
|2005||→FC Arieşul Turda (loan)||0||(0)|
|2011||Hemel Hempstead Town||1||(0)|
|2013–2014||Hayes & Yeading United||28||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 08:16, 20 February 2017 (UTC).
He started his senior career at Olimpia Gherla in 2003, and had spells at CFR Cluj, FC Arieşul Turda and Barnet before joining Northwood in 2007. He made eleven appearances at Northwood, but soon moved to Aldershot Town in 2007. During his three-year spell at Aldershot, he made 49 league appearances, before returning to his native Venezuela, when he joined Yaracuyanos FC in 2010, where he made 9 league appearances. He rejoined Aldershot Town in February 2011, but did not make a single appearance, and, after a one-off game for Hemel Hempstead Town, he joined Conference South side Dover Athletic on a free transfer in August 2011. He made 38 league appearances for the club, before switching to AFC Wimbledon in August 2012. However, he made just two appearances for AFC Wimbledon, and left the club in June 2013.
Jaimez-Ruiz finished his education in Venezuela and moved to the United States. He played university soccer for Graceland University and St. Gregory's University. In 2004, Jamiez-Ruiz moved to Romania and played for Olimpia Gherla, CFR Cluj and Arieşul Turda.
He then joined Aldershot Town on non-contract terms in April 2007 and was an unused substitute goalkeeper in the last two Conference National league games of that season. In July 2007, Jaimez-Ruiz signed a full contract at Aldershot. He made three league appearances near the end of a season. He also played in the Conference League Cup Final, when Aldershot beat Rushden & Diamonds. He saved a penalty in extra time and again in the penalty shootout. He signed a new contract with Aldershot Town in the summer of 2008 and he made his Football League debut in October 2008 at home against Bury. Jamiez-Ruiz signed another one-year contract with Aldershot in May 2009 and following the departure of Nikki Bull in the summer of 2009 he became the first choice goalkeeper. In November 2009, he was awarded the Aldershot Player of the Month award for October.
He was released at the end of the 2009–10 season and joined Venezuelan club Yaracuyanos FC. In February 2011, Jaimez-Ruiz returned to Aldershot Town, but was released at the end of the season without making an appearance. He made a one-off appearance for Hemel Hempstead Town in a 1–1 draw against Leamington.
Jaimez-Ruiz signed for AFC Wimbledon in League Two on 8 August 2012. He made his first appearance for the Dons in the First Round of the Football League Trophy on 4 September 2012, in a 2–1 loss to Southend United. Jaimez-Ruiz made his league début for AFC Wimbledon on 8 September 2012 against Northampton Town. On 21 June 2013, it was confirmed that Jaimez-Ruiz had been released by AFC Wimbledon due to the club's new goalkeeping structure for next season.
Hayes & Yeading United
- Hugman, Barry J. (2009). The OFA Footballers' Who's Who 2009-10. Mainstream Publishing. p. 214. ISBN 978-1-84596-474-0.
- "List of Players under Written Contract Registered Between 01/09/2011 and 30/09/2011" (PDF). Retrieved 8 February 2012.
- "Mikhael Jaimez-Ruiz – Northwood Record". Northwood F.C.
- "Setanta Shield results 2007/08". BBC Sport. Retrieved 7 May 2011.
- "Aldershot Town 3–3 Bury". Aldershot Town F.C. Retrieved 4 October 2009.
- "Scott Donnelly And Mikhael Jaimez Ruiz Sign". Aldershot Town F.C. Retrieved 14 May 2009.
- "Ruiz delight at Shots club award". BBC Sport. 19 November 2009. Retrieved 7 May 2011.
- "Mikhael Jaimez Ruiz welcomes Aldershot return". BBC Sport. 15 February 2011. Retrieved 7 May 2011.
- "Hemel Hempstead Town 1 Leamington 1". Leamington FC. 13 August 2011. Retrieved 27 June 2013.
- "Mikhael Jaimez Ruiz". Dover Athletic F.C. 13 December 2011.
- "Forster releases seven". NonLeagueDaily.com. 3 May 2012.
- "AFC Wimbledon sign keeper Mikhael Jaimez-Ruiz". BBC Sport. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Dons sign goalkeeper". AFC Wimbledon. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- "Three Late Signings for Hayes & Yeading". Football Conference. Retrieved 27 August 2013.