Mikhail Zhelev (Bulgarian: Михаил Желев; 15 July 1943 – 5 January 2021) was a Bulgarian athlete, known primarily for running the steeplechase. He competed in the 1968 Summer Olympics, finishing 6th and in the 1972 Summer Olympics, finishing 12th. He set his personal record of 8:25.0 while winning the race at the 1969 European Athletics Championships.
- ^ Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Mikhail Zhelev". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 18 April 2020. Retrieved 9 May 2012.
- 1943 births
- 2021 deaths
- Bulgarian male steeplechase runners
- Bulgarian male long-distance runners
- Olympic athletes for Bulgaria
- Athletes (track and field) at the 1968 Summer Olympics
- Athletes (track and field) at the 1972 Summer Olympics
- European Athletics Championships medalists
- Universiade medalists in athletics (track and field)
- Sportspeople from Sliven
- FISU World University Games gold medalists for Bulgaria
- Medalists at the 1970 Summer Universiade
- Bulgarian athletics biography stubs