Ōmiya Hachiman Shrine autumn festival
Location of Miki in Hyōgo
|• Mayor||Yoshihide Yabumoto (since January 2006)|
|• Total||176.58 km2 (68.18 sq mi)|
(April 1, 2017)
|• Density||430/km2 (1,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+09:00 (JST)|
|City hall address||10-30 Uenomaru, Miki-shi, Hyogo-ken|
As of April 1, 2017, the city has an estimated population of 76,370 and a population density of 430 persons per km². The total area is 176.58 km².
Miki is located northwest of downtown Kobe and is bounded to the south and east.
The ruins of Miki Castle are situated in Miki.
Miki is accessed with National Route 175 and an expressway. There are several bus routes from neighbouring cities and a town. It is also accessed with Kobe Electric Railway from Kobe and Sanda and Ono.
Notable people from Miki, Hyōgo
- Tsutomu Oosugi, Japanese professional wrestler
- Yuki Kadono, Japanese snowboarder (Slopestyle)
- Ōtsukasa Nobuhide, former sumo wrestler
- Takashi Shimizu, Japanese professional baseball player (Catcher)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Miki, Hyogo.|
- Official website (in Japanese)