|Known for||photography, photojournalism|
|Movement||Photography, Israeli art, Photojournalism|
|Awards||The EMET Prize for Art, Science and Culture, The Mendel and Eva Pundik Prize for Israeli Art, Robert Gardner Fellowship in Photography, Minister of Education and Culture Prize, British Multi Exposure Grant|
Kratsman was born in Argentina in 1959. He immigrated to Israel with his family in 1971. He studied photography in College of Kiryat Ono. He worked as photojournalist in Hadashot newspaper until 1993, when the newspaper was closed. Kratsman joined Haaretz newspaper, where he worked until 2012.
Kratsman is also active in photography education. He was teaching in Camera Obscura College of Photography in Tel Aviv from 1997 to 1999; School for Geographic Photography of Tel Aviv from 1998 to 2006; Department of Art in Haifa University from 2002 to 2006. In 2006 Kratsman was appointed the Head of the photography department in Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design and chaired the department until his retirement in 2014.
The main theme of Kratsman's work is the Israeli–Palestinian conflict. Other dominant topics are architecture, space and borders. Kratsman collaborated with many artists, among others David Reeb and Boaz Arad. For years, Kratsman documented the Palestinian territories. He follows personal stories and brings into harsh focus the violence that became daily life in the Palestinian territories. In addition to exhibiting his own works, Kratsman also curates exhibitions in different galleries and museums in Israel.
- 1994 Bugrashov Gallery, Tel Aviv
- 1996 Gallery of Bezalel Academy of Art and Design, Jerusalem
- 2001 Nelly Aman Gallery, Tel Aviv
- 2002 Nelly Aman Gallery, Tel Aviv
- 2003 The Israel Museum, Jerusalem
- 2007 Secured Area, Chelouche Gallery, Tel Aviv
- 2009 Works, Chelouche Gallery, Tel Aviv
- 2010 Deleitosa, Solo project at ARCOMadrid, Madrid
- 2010 Targeted Killing, Media City Seoul 201, Korea
- 2011 All About Us, Ursula Blickle Foundation, Germany
- 2012 AS IT IS. On Miki Kratsman's Photography, MUSAC Museum for Contemporary Art, Leon, Spain
- 2012 AS IT IS. On Miki Kratsman's Photography, La Virreina Centre de la Imatge, Barcelona, Spain
- 2013 People I met. Chelouche Gallery for Contemporary Art, Tel Aviv, Israel
- 2014 Solo project, Photobooth, ArteBA Art Fair, Buenos Aires
Awards and Fellowships
- 2011. Gardner Photography Fellow. Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology, Harward University.
- 2011. The EMET Prize for Art, Science and Culture in Photography.
- "Miki Kratsman - CCA - המרכז לאמנות עכשווית". cca.org.il.
- "Photographer Miki Kratsman and the Negev Coexistence Forum to publish new photo-report on the International Day against Racism - Dukium.org". 19 March 2015.
- Artsy</a>, BY <a href='http://jewishjournal.com/author/avishaya/'>Avishay (19 November 2014). "Getty symposium considers a 'New Walled Order' — Jewish Journal".
- "Anti-occupation activists aim to fund legal defense in art sale - +972 Magazine". 972mag.com.
- "Taking a Stand". 28 September 2011 – via Haaretz.
- "Chelouche Gallery - Miki Kratsman - Secured Area Exhibition". www.chelouchegallery.com.
- "Chelouche Gallery - Miki Kratsman - Works Exhibition". www.chelouchegallery.com.
- "MutualArt.com - The Web's Largest Art Information Service". www.mutualart.com.
- "Miki KRATSMAN". 24 August 2010.
- "Willkommen - Ursula Blickle Stiftung". www.ursula-blickle-stiftung.de.
- Ignacio Villarreal. "Miki Kratsman presents exhibition at the Contemporary Arts Musem of Castille and Leon". Artdaily.com. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- [dead link]
- "Chelouche Gallery - Miki Kratsman Works". www.chelouchegallery.com.
- [dead link]
- Berlin, Jewish Museum. "Jewish Museum Berlin - Dateline: Israel. New Photography and Video Art - Miki Kratsman". www.jmberlin.de.
- "Miki Kratsman | Peabody Museum". Peabody.harvard.edu. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- "Miki Kratsman". en.emetprize.org.