Mikko Markkula in 2018
|Born||January 3, 1981|
|World Rally Championship record|
|Teams||M-Sport World Rally Team|
|First rally||2001 Rally Finland|
|Last rally||2019 Rally Sweden|
In 2013, Markkula started to co-drive for Andreas Mikkelsen in a third Volkswagen Polo R WRC. The crew achieved their first WRC podium in the 2014 Rally Sweden. However, they ended their partnership three rounds later after Argentina, where they finished fourth overall.
Starting from 2015, Markkula firmed a partnership with Teemu Suninen. In 2017, the crew was signed by M-Sport World Rally Team. In the 2018 Rally de Portugal, Markkula gained his second podium finish. He left as Suninen's co-driver at the end of 2018. He was replaced by Marko Salminen.
- "Mikko Markkula". e-wrc.com. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Mikkelsen confirmed for third VW". Autosport.com. Haymarket Publications. 8 December 2012. Archived from the original on 12 December 2012. Retrieved 8 December 2012.
- "Breaking News: Latvala wins in Sweden". World Rally Championship. WRC Promoter GmbH. 8 February 2014. Retrieved 28 December 2014.
- "Mikkelsen replaces co-driver Markkula". WRC.com. WRC Promoter GmbH. 15 May 2014. Retrieved 15 May 2014.
- "Post Rally Deutschland: Team Oreca revs up, Teemu Suninen in WRC2". www.oreca-group.com. Oreca. Retrieved 21 August 2015.
- "Tidemand's home run". wrc.com. WRC. 12 February 2017. Retrieved 2 July 2017.
- "Breaking News: Neuville Wins In Portugal". wrc.com. WRC. 20 May 2018. Retrieved 20 May 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mikko Markkula.|
- Mikko Markkula's e-wrc profile